• SoCon Week 2

#90175  by The Jackal
 Thu Sep 05, 2024 4:10 pm
SCSU at the Citadel: Can the Citadel make it 2-0? Winning out of conference FCS games is always big. SCSU lost to a usually-pretty-good Florida A&M team. I'd expect another scrappy game for the Bulldogs.

Campbell at WCU: Same situation. Always want to get wins over the CAA. Cambpell has been a bit of a thorn in the side of a few SoCon teams. Both WCU and Campbell lost to FBS teams in Week 1. We'll see if WCU can keep a little momentum from their better than expected showing against NCSU.

Bucknell at VMI: After a bad performance against W&M, VMI comes home to play a Bucknell team that beat them last year on the road. I'd expect another scrappy one.

Mercer at Bethune Cookman: It's a little odd to see a SoCon school on the road to a SWAC, but good on the Bears for going outside the comfort zone a bit. BC has not been particularly strong the last few years, so maybe Mercer can get a nice road win.

Wofford at Richmond: Again, these out of conference CAA games are big for the SoCon. Richmond is ranked and Wofford is iffy. Would be a big win for the Terriers, but I'm not betting the farm on it.

UTC at Georgia State: Mocs with their second straight FBS game, but this one may be one of those ones to watch. GSU is a bit of a glorified FCS team and UTC's pretty good. I'd expect a good game.

Samford at Florida: This may be Billy Napier's last stand. Samford did not look great against West Georgia, didn't play much defense, and seems to lack that razor sharp QB they've had in the past. Florida has struggled with FCS teams before, but you'll have to know after their week 1 loss to Miami they'll be looking to put it on someone.
 #90213  by cavedweller2
 Sat Sep 07, 2024 1:02 pm
I predict the Bulldogs win the SC State/bellhop game.
 #90216  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 07, 2024 3:22 pm
Campbell dominating WCU so far, 268 yad to 132. Still close CU up 17-10.
 #90217  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 07, 2024 3:40 pm
Not SoCon but Georgia scores late in the half to lead Tenn Tech only 24-0 at half.
 #90218  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 07, 2024 3:46 pm
Campbell now up 24-10 and VMI down 28-14 to Bucknell, SC State bests Citadel 23-20.
 #90219  by gofurman
 Sat Sep 07, 2024 4:24 pm
apaladin wrote:
Campbell now up 24-10 and VMI down 28-14 to Bucknell, SC State bests Citadel 23-20.
kina hate it for SoCon but seeing the CItadel even with SC State gives me better hope for today.. you know Citadel, CSU and SC State all relatively even... I would HOPEE we could beat that
 #90248  by gofurman
 Sun Sep 08, 2024 12:04 am
gofurman wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2024 4:24 pm
apaladin wrote:
kina hate it for SoCon but seeing the CItadel even with SC State gives me better hope for today.. you know Citadel, CSU and SC State all relatively even... I would HOPEE we could beat that
Now I feel worse. Citadel winless last year. Relatively Even with CSU. Relatively even with SCSU. I put us at same level FOR NOW.

Wofford beat Richmond. Good for SoCon. I didn’t see that coming
 #90254  by apaladin
 Sun Sep 08, 2024 1:06 am
The WC game was very similar to the FU game. Richmond outgained WC but had 4 turnovers to 0 for WC. Same as FU and CSU.
gofurman liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Furman v Stetson

by Bootie

Mon Sep 16, 2024 2:55 pm

User avatar POSTGAME PRESSER

by Flagman

Mon Sep 16, 2024 2:51 pm

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Mon Sep 16, 2024 2:41 pm

User avatar QUESTION FOR DAN

by FU Hoopla

Mon Sep 16, 2024 2:21 pm

Default Avatar Napier

by silentbob

Mon Sep 16, 2024 2:06 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.