• Injuries

#89928  by FurmanFan23
 Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:53 pm
What’s our injuries looking like currently?
 #89929  by gofurman
 Sun Sep 01, 2024 12:16 am
From Scott Keeler - This month, the Paladins also lost spur Justin Hartwell and safety AK Burrell for the season with knee injuries. Both could've been starters.

We are just SO YOUNG AND THIN in the DB area I think. Also I think our total OL has only two seniors total among depth chart.

Was anyone hurt tonight ?
 #89941  by gofurman
 Sun Sep 01, 2024 5:20 am
Anyone hurt at Ole Miss? Appreciate any help here.
 #89968  by apaladin
 Sun Sep 01, 2024 12:55 pm
Said it before but we should have hit the portal more than we did given all the inexperience.
 #89978  by gman84
 Sun Sep 01, 2024 4:10 pm
Us “ hitting the portal” vs. say WCU and UTC is not the same. How do you know who we targeted? We can’t just throw a cast net and see what’s inside.
 #89999  by gofurman
 Mon Sep 02, 2024 4:01 am
Paul C wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2024 9:51 pm
gofurman wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2024 5:20 am
Anyone hurt at Ole Miss?
I was
Well played sir. Well played. Me too
 #90192  by gofurman
 Fri Sep 06, 2024 12:43 pm
Hey. Help here

Is Alex Maier injured or out for the year? I didn’t see him listed on the two deep ? Would appreciate a reply. I think he really helps the team !
 #90193  by The Jackal
 Fri Sep 06, 2024 12:55 pm
gofurman wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2024 12:43 pm
Hey. Help here

Is Alex Maier injured or out for the year? I didn’t see him listed on the two deep ? Would appreciate a reply. I think he really helps the team !
That was reported weeks ago and will be in the preseason writeup on the Bandits.
 #90194  by FUwolfpacker
 Fri Sep 06, 2024 2:05 pm
Just to get ahead of this...

Hendrix said we had 6 guys out for the year before the first game. I think those guys are Maier, Alabi, J Smith, Hartwell, Burrell, and Varvel. I believe Tex Elliott may not play this year or may be available towards the end of the year.
 #90195  by gofurman
 Fri Sep 06, 2024 2:37 pm
FUWolfpacker - Thank you. Yep, I heard the "6" but didn't know it was Maier. I have another comment on his presser I will bring up. Thank you again ! Stay healthy guys...

CBs like Ivan Yates to Tulane etc.. add in the injuries are mostly in the LB/DB area and we are super thin and young back there: You never want an injury. But you really never want all the injuries at one position group

-Spur Justin Hartwell Lost for the season with knee injury. Could've been starter.
-Bandit Alex Maier out for season - great experience as a redshirt Junior
-Safety AK Burrell Lost for the season with knee injury. Could've been starter.

-DE David Alabi, RS-Fr.

-WR Santino Varvel. True Freshman
- WR / TE josh Burrell. FSU Transfer. - “ Hendrix said today that Burrell will be out at best 6-8 weeks. Had surgery yesterday. Another tough break. Hopefully he can be back for the last few games and that those games will matter.” From FUWolfpacker
- RB Jayquan Smith (looked very fast in some appearances last year)

- Tex Elliot (?) Colorado State transfer at OG. maybe see him later in year. number 71

- QB 8 hurt hand ?
Last edited by gofurman on Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
 #90203  by The Jackal
 Fri Sep 06, 2024 4:20 pm
I realize I can do nothing to convince a few of you otherwise, but there's not much evidence that we are "super thin" at defensive back.

We have guys that aren't household names yet. But just because we don't know their names doesn't mean they aren't good players.

We lost two players we hoped to have and would have been expected to play a good bit in Burrell and Hartwell. That happens, unfortunately. It happens every year somewhere.

I think our depth is fine. We don't have guys with as many starts or snaps to their credit, but we have a lot of talent back there. Ole Miss was a tough first draw, but I suspect we'll be just fine.
 #90208  by gman84
 Fri Sep 06, 2024 7:30 pm
Jackal you won’t convince some on here that we have depth at any position. They are convinced that the 40 plus we lost is some sort of curse, and that we failed to replace all of those 40 from the portal! ;)
 #90209  by Afurmanfan
 Fri Sep 06, 2024 7:40 pm
CCH should have “hit the portal” more. It’s not like going to McDonalds and ordering a number 1. Nobody knows better than our coaches what players would qualify academically, fit culturally and would help our team. To think they could have “ordered up” some great additions that fit those criteria and decided not to is, well, interesting to say the least.
gman84, DeepPurple liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:17 am

Default Avatar Furman v Stetson

by gofurman

Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:16 am

Default Avatar POSTGAME PRESSER

by gofurman

Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:07 am

Default Avatar Injuries

by gofurman

Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:30 am

Default Avatar SOCON WEEK 4

by gofurman

Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:20 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.