• FURMAN AT OLE MISS-WE HAVE A CHANCE

#89308  by FUTex
 Wed Aug 14, 2024 11:37 am
Have we got a chance? Hell yeah we got a chance.

Davemeister liked this
 #89311  by Fred Garvin
 Wed Aug 14, 2024 1:07 pm
Project HFJF will bring us victory. This plan will hatch Friday, August 30 at 11PM CDT.
Bootie liked this
 #89332  by apaladin
 Thu Aug 15, 2024 11:55 am
The line on the Mercer game last year was Ole Miss -33.5 and over/under was 57.5. Both easy bets. I suspect the FU line to be much higher in both cases.

Update: Only found one line so far: Ole Miss -42.5
 #89442  by fupaladin01
 Mon Aug 19, 2024 11:22 pm
Has it been mentioned anywhere that it was exactly 100 years ago when we last played Ole Miss and Furman won 7-2? I'd consider a final score of 42-17 Ole Miss nearly a win in 2024...
 #89468  by The Jackal
 Tue Aug 20, 2024 11:29 am
Same as always. Survive the first half. Duck their early haymakers. Do the little things well. Don't turn it over. Don't give up the big play before the half time. See if you are stills standing in the fourth quarter.

Believe me, if this game is remotely close in the fourth quarter we will be breaking news.
dornb, MNORM liked this
 #89565  by FUBeAR
 Fri Aug 23, 2024 2:24 am
 #89569  by The Jackal
 Fri Aug 23, 2024 8:32 am
As noted on the other thread, the Ole Miss game is a "white out" game for them. It appears they have also recently dropped a new "white out" jersey combination.

That piqued a question for me - assuming Miss. is in their new white/white/white combinations, what is Furman going to wear? I'm sure it's happened, but I do not recall a game where Furman wore a darker jersey on the road.

I thought the obvious answer would have been when we played LSU a number of years ago, but I was wrong. LSU traditionally wears white at home, but wore purple against Furman and Furman was in white.

Honestly, when you play a big name program once a century, I hope we keep things standard. Save the purple lids and black jerseys for Charleston Southern or Stetson.
 #89572  by din23
 Fri Aug 23, 2024 10:15 am
The Jackal wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2024 8:32 am
As noted on the other thread, the Ole Miss game is a "white out" game for them. It appears they have also recently dropped a new "white out" jersey combination.

That piqued a question for me - assuming Miss. is in their new white/white/white combinations, what is Furman going to wear? I'm sure it's happened, but I do not recall a game where Furman wore a darker jersey on the road.

I thought the obvious answer would have been when we played LSU a number of years ago, but I was wrong. LSU traditionally wears white at home, but wore purple against Furman and Furman was in white.

Honestly, when you play a big name program once a century, I hope we keep things standard. Save the purple lids and black jerseys for Charleston Southern or Stetson.
I believe we wore purple at Georgia Tech one time in the 90s. Anyone else remember that?

Recent Topics

User avatar Stetson and Furman

by FUBeAR

Thu Sep 12, 2024 4:00 pm

User avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by apaladin

Thu Sep 12, 2024 3:47 pm

User avatar Expanding the SoCon

by FU Hoopla

Thu Sep 12, 2024 3:18 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Thu Sep 12, 2024 2:44 pm

User avatar Jalen Slawson Drafted, NBA Bound!

by FU Hoopla

Thu Sep 12, 2024 12:08 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.