• Safeties/Corners

#89564  by apaladin
 Fri Aug 23, 2024 12:11 am
I hope you guys are right but it really looks bad experience wise. Caleb Williams is the only one with any meaningful PT in the corners/safeties group. Any of the others mostly have played some on special teams or against VMI. .
 #89566  by AstroDin
 Fri Aug 23, 2024 5:20 am
apaladin wrote:
I hope you guys are right but it really looks bad experience wise. Caleb Williams is the only one with any meaningful PT in the corners/safeties group. Any of the others mostly have played some on special teams or against VMI. .
I'm not sure what you think Furman's option is.
Furman is in transition. And Furman is built to do it from the inside up.
FUBeAR liked this

#89567  by The Jackal
 Fri Aug 23, 2024 6:32 am
apaladin wrote:
Furman plays freshmen in the defensive backfield all of the time.

A lot of the "experienced" names you are comfortable with (Anoor, Okeh, Willis, Clay, Weems, Blackshear, Ryan, Yates, etc.) all either started or played extensively as freshmen.

Again, by the time Samford comes to town in 4 weeks (when things get really serious), all of these players whose experience level you have concern about will have literally hundreds of snaps under their belt. They will no longer be inexperienced.
 #89568  by FUBeAR
 Fri Aug 23, 2024 7:25 am
AstroDin wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2024 5:20 am
apaladin wrote:
I'm not sure what you think Furman's option is.
Furman is in transition. And Furman is built to do it from the inside up.
FUBeAR built himself from the middle out
fupaladin01 liked this
 #89574  by Paul C
 Fri Aug 23, 2024 11:58 am
apaladin wrote:
Everybody had no experience at one point....
 #89575  by apaladin
 Fri Aug 23, 2024 12:07 pm
Paul C wrote:
apaladin wrote:
True but you usually have few with experience to go along with the inexperienced. Outside of Williams this whole group will be playing meaningful minutes for the first time.
Last edited by apaladin on Fri Aug 23, 2024 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #89580  by The Jackal
 Fri Aug 23, 2024 1:01 pm
apaladin wrote:
Paul C wrote:
apaladin wrote:
True but you usually have few with experience to go along with the inexperienced. Outside of Williams FU this whole group will be playing meaningful minutes for the first time.

I'm just not sure I understand the point in continuing to harp on it. Everyone on here understands you have concerns. I guess you can just not watch the games until the defensive backfield and offensive line has the precise amount of in-game experience you feel comfortable with.

As far as I'm concerned, Furman has a talented and deep defensive backfield. Every day, they go up against the best WR group in the Southern Conference and, arguably, the deepest WR group in Furman's program history.
 #89583  by MNORM
 Fri Aug 23, 2024 1:32 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2024 1:01 pm
apaladin wrote:
Paul C wrote:
apaladin wrote:
True but you usually have few with experience to go along with the inexperienced. Outside of Williams FU this whole group will be playing meaningful minutes for the first time.

I'm just not sure I understand the point in continuing to harp on it. Everyone on here understands you have concerns. I guess you can just not watch the games until the defensive backfield and offensive line has the precise amount of in-game experience you feel comfortable with.

As far as I'm concerned, Furman has a talented and deep defensive backfield. Every day, they go up against the best WR group in the Southern Conference and, arguably, the deepest WR group in Furman's program history.
...it's a broken record that Eeyore would no doubt envy.
 #89587  by FUwolfpacker
 Fri Aug 23, 2024 3:24 pm
paladinfan41 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2024 2:30 pm
Some bad news on injuries in the DB room AK may be out for the year
Losing your starting free safety and spur before the season starts is certainly less than ideal. Hopefully it’s not a season-ender for AK.

If he is out though, Tre is definitely the starter at free safety and I would guess Tate and/or Perkins possibly slides to spur. Who knows. Maybe they do go with Babin/Kobuszewski.

Recent Topics

User avatar Stetson and Furman

by FUBeAR

Thu Sep 12, 2024 4:00 pm

User avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by apaladin

Thu Sep 12, 2024 3:47 pm

User avatar Expanding the SoCon

by FU Hoopla

Thu Sep 12, 2024 3:18 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Thu Sep 12, 2024 2:44 pm

User avatar Jalen Slawson Drafted, NBA Bound!

by FU Hoopla

Thu Sep 12, 2024 12:08 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.