• Stadium Review

#89187  by Flagman
 Sat Aug 10, 2024 3:17 pm
Just an FYI.
Still no purple seats in sections 2 & 4. Seat backs removed, but metal bleachers still in place.

Just four weeks until to home opener.

Just sayin'.
 #89201  by cavedweller2
 Sat Aug 10, 2024 7:56 pm
I heard they are ripping it all out and painting the concrete purple.
Bootie liked this
 #89235  by Flagman
 Mon Aug 12, 2024 11:53 am
gman84 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2024 4:29 pm
Are you hanging around Apaladin now? :D
That's hitting below the belt.
FUBeAR, gman84 liked this
 #89539  by FUBeAR
 Thu Aug 22, 2024 11:53 am
FUBeAR’s fellow Paladins, our long national nightmare is over…

gman84 liked this
 #89544  by 'Din Djarin
 Thu Aug 22, 2024 2:06 pm
I'm sure this has been said in other forums, but one thing Furman is going to have to consider going forward is what to do with the visitor side. For better or for worse, college football is, among other things, television content and our "set" / backdrop is Daniel Chapel (elite) and then a very plain and often empty side of the stadium (less than elite). Since football games are often Furman's chance to publicize itself - whether it's local TV, ESPN+, or whatever - we have to think of some creative ways of either filling up that side or putting something there that looks a little better as a backdrop.
MNORM, Choir Boy liked this
 #89545  by apaladin
 Thu Aug 22, 2024 2:10 pm
'Din Djarin wrote:
I'm sure this has been said in other forums, but one thing Furman is going to have to consider going forward is what to do with the visitor side. For better or for worse, college football is, among other things, television content and our "set" / backdrop is Daniel Chapel (elite) and then a very plain and often empty side of the stadium (less than elite). Since football games are often Furman's chance to publicize itself - whether it's local TV, ESPN+, or whatever - we have to think of some creative ways of either filling up that side or putting something there that looks a little better as a backdrop.
Easy fix place the TV cameras on the visitors side.
 #89547  by 'Din Djarin
 Thu Aug 22, 2024 2:14 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2024 2:10 pm
'Din Djarin wrote:
Easy fix place the TV cameras on the visitors side.
That seems like the best and easiest fix but I imagine it's more complicated than I would imagine.
 #89551  by gman84
 Thu Aug 22, 2024 2:47 pm
It is much more complicated than it seems. The easiest solution is to have card board peeps placed in the stands like we saw during Covid. :lol:
bj93 liked this
 #89557  by FUBeAR
 Thu Aug 22, 2024 4:29 pm
'Din Djarin wrote:
Spit-ballin’ / White-Boardin’ …. no messengericide …

Band & Students over there …

Could it even, be inexpensively (relatively) reconfigured / reconstructed in some form or fashion to support more ‘horizontal’ groups of peeps … more simply … install several mezzanines / plateaus IN the current seating areas - for the student’s tailgate tents … and do whatever needs to be done to make the ‘scene’ over there more attractive to students ….Grills / Taco kiosks … beer kegs … whatever … Pre … during … and even post-game … heck … let ‘em smoke weed over there … or set up their own “Encampments” …. ok … maybe those aren’t fully fleshed out ideas … but it’s worth kicking around. In FUBeAR’s experience … kids want their own spaces, they want minimal supervision, they want it to be fun & easy ….

So…with the band … what’s that …. 500 maybe … spread out … clearly looking like they’re having fun

Grow it from there….

Gotta THINK DIFFERENT today - ain’t nobody wanna pay $20+ to sit on a metal bleacher - in the sun - and watch 3-4 hours of Football anymore.

C’mon - whoever thought we’d see on-demand free abortions and vasectomies being dispensed en masse in a taco-truck-like vehicle at the quadrennial political convention of a major/serious political party in the US? Those guys are THINKING DIFFERENT!
 #89562  by Bootie
 Thu Aug 22, 2024 10:20 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
'Din Djarin wrote:

Could it even, be inexpensively (relatively) reconfigured / reconstructed in some form or fashion to support more ‘horizontal’ groups of peeps … more simply … install several mezzanines / plateaus IN the current seating areas - for the student’s tailgate tents … and do whatever needs to be done to make the ‘scene’ over there more attractive to students ….Grills / Taco kiosks … beer kegs … whatever … Pre … during … and even post-game … heck … let ‘em smoke weed over there … or set up their own “Encampments” …. ok … maybe those aren’t fully fleshed out ideas … but it’s worth kicking around. In FUBeAR’s experience … kids want their own spaces, they want minimal supervision, they want it to be fun & easy ….

So…with the band … what’s that …. 500 maybe … spread out … clearly looking like they’re having fun

Grow it from there….

Gotta THINK DIFFERENT today - ain’t nobody wanna pay $20+ to sit on a metal bleacher - in the sun - and watch 3-4 hours of Football anymore.

C’mon - whoever thought we’d see on-demand free abortions and vasectomies being dispensed en masse in a taco-truck-like vehicle at the quadrennial political convention of a major/serious political party in the US? Those guys are THINKING DIFFERENT!
Methinks FUBeAR has the idea. I can see it. Make it a big party like they’ve been having on the grass by the field house, but now in the stands. Open it up to the students on Friday nights to make it a party while setting up, then it’s the Saturday morning tailgate spot for all those groups.
FUBeAR, Choir Boy liked this
 #89637  by FUBeAR
 Sun Aug 25, 2024 6:38 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
'Din Djarin wrote:

Grow it from there….

Hey - looks like the folks up in Chapel Hill may have already stolen FUBeAR’s idea and are putting it into practice at Kenan Memorial Stadium.

FUBeAR MUST get a better Patent Attorney!!

FUBeAR (and us) would do it better than these Tar Holes though!
 #89642  by gofurman
 Sun Aug 25, 2024 9:50 pm
'Din Djarin wrote:
This is a thought I have had too. Both for TV AND Our recruits. Tv view and sitting on home side looking at visitors side is painful. Maybe putting the band there is a good idea. I guess visitors average 400 peeps maybe. Add the band and that’s a help. But yeah I cringe a little when I have to watch on tv. I guess it’s like that at all FCS but a few - Montana NDSU etc. So it’s probably an even playing field in recruiting (though it would be nice if we had a game day atmosphere recruiting ADVANTAGE!! Not just an even playing field in recruiting - let’s make it easier to get recruits). Just think if one more Josh Harris and one more stud OL like Johanning commit. That could easily happen with a better game day atmosphere ! EASILY. An extra Blackshear or two. Instead of having an even game day atmosphere if we could be more on par with some G5 we could beat out more fcs AND get a few more G5 guys

Not sure the answer. Success breeds success and brings crowds. I’ll admit … But we are hamstrung in some part by a student body of 2700. Just 5k student body - kids are the loudest - would do wonders

Recent Topics

User avatar Stetson and Furman

by FUBeAR

Thu Sep 12, 2024 4:00 pm

User avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by apaladin

Thu Sep 12, 2024 3:47 pm

User avatar Expanding the SoCon

by FU Hoopla

Thu Sep 12, 2024 3:18 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Thu Sep 12, 2024 2:44 pm

User avatar Jalen Slawson Drafted, NBA Bound!

by FU Hoopla

Thu Sep 12, 2024 12:08 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.