• FURMAN MUST BE DOING OK

#88467  by tim
 Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:45 pm
Anybody familiar with what is going on at Erskine? Their rosters look huge and they appear to be offering JV programs also. It's probably a rare student that isn't playing something. Not sure that is a bad thing.
 #88470  by FurmanATT
 Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:01 pm
tim wrote:
Anybody familiar with what is going on at Erskine? Their rosters look huge and they appear to be offering JV programs also. It's probably a rare student that isn't playing something. Not sure that is a bad thing.
Erskine brings in more players than they ever need, and they leak rapidly, often after paying for a term. They arrive and find they have no chance. -- MD
 #88471  by apaladin
 Thu Jul 04, 2024 12:29 am
FurmanATT wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:01 pm
tim wrote:
Erskine brings in more players than they ever need, and they leak rapidly, often after paying for a term. They arrive and find they have no chance. -- MD
After spendng a week one day in Due West most are ready to go. :lol:
 #88472  by apaladin
 Thu Jul 04, 2024 12:34 am
tim wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:14 pm
Did baseball have 12 schollies? I thought less.
11.7 was/is the limit and FU was at that limit when ED pulled the plug. Expect these limits to go away the way things are going. Schollies will prolly go away in lieu of salaries,
 #88473  by FUTex
 Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:42 am
Erskine is rebuilding, of course, after just reinstating football a few years ago. Okay, some might say 2023 was an off year. Everyone has bad debates... er, I mean seasons. So Erskine got severely trashed by all comers. Not a great year.

I love Erskine, primarily because they are proponents of reformed theology. That means they are badass and don't take no BS from nobody. At Erskine they believe in three things: John Calvin, Dode Phillips, and the King James Version.

When the Flying Fleet take the field against those Free Will heretics Anderson Trojans it is Katy-bar-the-door pell mell. Bobby Lamb is going to have his hands full this year. Yessir. Except I don't think they play Erskine in 2024. But if they did his hands would get the full meaning of the T in TULIP.
 #88474  by Yadkin
 Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:29 am
2019-20 was the last time Furman had anything close to 2,500 students. Reality is sometimes a bitter pill to swallow.
 #88476  by din23
 Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:43 am
Yadkin wrote:
2019-20 was the last time Furman had anything close to 2,500 students. Reality is sometimes a bitter pill to swallow.
So the university website is giving false information in enrollment?
 #88477  by tya1
 Thu Jul 04, 2024 4:08 pm
Looked up several sources including Furman's official site, Wikipedia, and Brittanica online. From what I saw on those sites, Furman had enrollment of about 2450 in both 21-22 and 22-23. Is this dispute over 50 students? Over 10,000 applications for next year's freshman class - a 30+% increase over last year. Should be able to have 2500 on campus next year if desired.
 #88481  by FUTex
 Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:13 pm
Yadkin wrote:
I love trolls.

But... Reality is hardly ever a bitter pill to swallow. Suggesting "Reality" is a bitter pill is akin to saying "the truth hurts" to self-excuse an insult. Reality is a tasty pill. It ain't Valium, but its good.

2,500 for total student enrollment is a solid number. The way I'd change the student body is not make it larger, but more attracted to football and basketball. You know, the important stuff.

Some suggestions for the Furman Application form would be to add these gentle inquiries:
1-Do you like football? (If no, they are denied admittance.)
2-Do you understand that one function of the academy is to serve as a life-support system for the football program? (If no, they better have a dynamite SAT.)
3-Have you already formed hard opinions on complex subjects you can't possibly know enough about? (This has nothing to do with football, but we need a way to exclude the blue-haired gnomes that scream at people for disagreeing with them.)
4-Who could beat Clay Hendrix in a fair fight? (This is just to see how they think. They don't have to get the correct answer, which is James Tiberius Kirk. They could answer Godzilla or Dusty Rhodes and still matriculate.)
FUBeAR liked this
 #88483  by cavedweller2
 Fri Jul 05, 2024 5:56 pm
I have always said once Furman realizes that the reason the school exists is to support the Football team we will be unstoppable.
FUBeAR liked this
 #88484  by cavedweller2
 Fri Jul 05, 2024 5:59 pm
James West may have a shot at Clay. He’s actually very small. Tex Cobb. You can beat Tex Cobb with a tire iron until he bleeds out. He would be tough for Clay because he wouldn’t stop. Even if he bled out.
FUBeAR liked this
 #88485  by cavedweller2
 Fri Jul 05, 2024 6:00 pm
DPLOT

Besides Chuck Norris; I can’t think of anyone else.
FUBeAR liked this
 #88486  by tim
 Fri Jul 05, 2024 9:03 pm
Smokin Joe did alright. Same with Spinks and Norton. I guess your point was CLAY IN HIS PRIME. I saw him fight Quarry in Atlanta. Just walked up and bought a ticket, had no trouble. He wasn't a legend then.
 #88487  by FUTex
 Sat Jul 06, 2024 12:11 am
Clay Hendrix right now; he doesn't need to back in his prime. Clay Hendrix is in his prime now. He's always in his prime. He's Clay Hendrix.

I am certain Clay Hendrix could beat James West, even if that pansy had Artemus Gordon supply him with all them fancy new gadgets. He's knock that battery right off his shoulder then go pell mell on him.

Tex Cobb would be tougher, and I do think Clay Hendrix would have to make Tex Cobb bleed out before Clay could establish clear dominance.

Spinks, Norton, and Frazier would be toys for Clay Hendrix. He could probably beat all three at the same time. Clay is just too fast for those slow pokes.

A Clay Hendrix versus Chuck Norris matchup could never happen, because the magnetic field would build up and release a static electric discharge every time they approached each other. That's just physics.

Clay Hendrix sweats Gatorade, urinates tequila, and his poop is used for currency in Finland. He can run the length of the field with a refrigerator on his back in 11.5. He's a half-ton man mountain that can palm a medicine ball.

One time I saw Clay Hendrix inhale a live possum on a dare. He vomited it up alive and Clay made it say "Clay Hendrix" by manipulating its little possum lips. The words didn't come out great but it was pretty good for a possum.
FUBeAR liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Preseason '24

by The Jackal

Sat Jul 06, 2024 12:20 pm

User avatar FURMAN MUST BE DOING OK

by FUTex

Sat Jul 06, 2024 12:11 am

Default Avatar Jalen Slawson Drafted, NBA Bound!

by Dins&Heels

Fri Jul 05, 2024 5:27 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Thu Jul 04, 2024 5:55 pm

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:55 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.