34 redshirt freshmen
28 have not played
4 appeared in one game
2 appeared in two games
=Zero experience
23 redshirt sophs
15 have not played
1-appeared in 9 games(Harris)
2-appeared in 5 + games(mostly special teams)
5-appeared in 5 games or less
Outside of Harris no eperience.
10 of 17 Junios/RS Juniors have not played
64 players of 88 non freshmen have little to no PT.
Numbers may or may not be off but very close.
Of course we all hope all these inexperienced players will turn out to be great players as we all know it was very tough to get any PT the last couple of years because of such veteran teams FU has had. I am excited for the new season and will enjoy any success we may have and at the same time remembering 2023 was a one of a kind season.
 #88309  by The Jackal
 Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:52 am
I guess I just think you are making too much of this.

Most of the roster will not have a lot of playing time. That's not unique to Furman.

College football rosters often have over 100 players. Maybe 50 or so of those guys are actually going to play significant snaps. It's not bizarre to suggest that the majority of the roster won't have had a lot of playing time.

I also do not believe that 2023 was a "one of a kind season." We wen't 9-2 and 7-1 in SoCon play. We had an opening round home game in the playoffs and then went on the road to a seeded opponent and lost a close game.

We did the exact same thing in 2022. The only real difference is we were seeded in '23 and not seeded in '22 (arguably could have been). Still went 9-2. Still went 7-1. Still beat a team at home our first playoff game. Still went on the road to lose a close contest to a higher seeded team.
DeepPurple, gman84 liked this
 #88325  by apaladin
 Wed Jun 26, 2024 4:19 pm
Good point Jackal, but I was not referring to the record but the roster itself. It certainky was a one of a kind season as far as the roster was concerned with so many seniors/grads. Never seen before or probably will never see again.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Jalen Slawson Drafted, NBA Bound!

by Roundball

Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:34 am

User avatar FURMAN MUST BE DOING OK

by apaladin

Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:30 am

User avatar Long offseason

by apaladin

Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:18 am

Default Avatar 2025 Recruiting

by The Jackal

Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:46 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Jun 28, 2024 3:36 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.