apaladin wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:40 am
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:31 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:55 am
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:28 pm
Coach Roper and Mainsah tweet that Furman picked up its first commitment for the 2025 class. Based on Roper’s tweet, palm trees/sunshine/running back for the bears I think?, I’m guessing it’s RB CJ Nettles from Pensacola. He was here on his OV over the weekend. Hopefully we’ll know for sure soon!
3 Star according to 247sports. #103 running back in Nation
Was definitely a guess, but if it is Nettles, that would be a nice pick up.
Unlikely. Hope so, see the money bags.
:D :D :D :D :D
apaladin liked this
 #88315  by FUwolfpacker
 Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:39 pm
I've updated the list on the first post with the newest offers as well as removed those who have committed elsewhere or eliminated Furman.

Couple of guys to keep an eye on over the next few days...

I don't have a good read on what he'll do but Greenville HS OL Hunter Taylor announces his commitment today a 2pm. He's followed by a lot of the coaching staff which isn't the case with every recruit that reports an offer. The only official visit he has posted was one to CMU in May. There is at least one RB commit out there I think and maybe another OL based on Roper's two tweets the other day but I'm not sure about the position of the commits to be honest. If one of the unknowns is an OL, then the timing of Taylor's commitment is interesting.

CJ Nettles still announces on Friday (6/28).
 #88320  by FUwolfpacker
 Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:27 pm

Taylor had offers from Furman, Wofford, The Citadel, Austin Peay, Elon, Dartmouth, Central Mich, Cornell. He took an OV to CMU but not sure where else. He is also a Trainbuilt Performance athlete. Furman has landed several kids from that training group recently.
 #88356  by FUwolfpacker
 Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:22 am
apaladin wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:40 am
O lineman?
Yes. Both known commits are offensive linemen.

Brady Smith has mostly played center it seems, but his tape does show him at LT at times. My guess is Furman is recruiting him to play center, most likely as the guy to follow behind Luna in the future. I like what I've seen from his tape.

Hunter Taylor is an interesting projection (to be fair, I have no real experience with that). I'll be interested to see where he plays this year. He played RG mainly last year with a senior RT, but I did see him line up at tackle on some of his film. If he sticks at guard, the combo of O'Dell and Taylor at guard would be a large duo.
 #88368  by gofurman
 Fri Jun 28, 2024 2:08 am
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:27 pm

Taylor had offers from Furman, Wofford, The Citadel, Austin Peay, Elon, Dartmouth, Central Mich, Cornell. He took an OV to CMU but not sure where else. He is also a Trainbuilt Performance athlete. Furman has landed several kids from that training group recently.
Top offers were G5. CMU. Coastal. UNCC. I like to see that. Visited USC and Clemson but think that was just interest

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Long offseason

by Roundball

Fri Jun 28, 2024 5:08 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Jun 28, 2024 2:46 am

Default Avatar 2025 Recruiting

by gofurman

Fri Jun 28, 2024 2:08 am

Default Avatar Gabbi Jennings - just short

by Sad Din

Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:56 pm

User avatar Allie Buchalski Comes Up Short

by Flagman

Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:41 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.