• Appalachian State at Coastal Carolina

#59225  by Roundball
 Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:05 pm
We have been at the beach all week. I have to admit that I am a little jealous at the amount of media coverage for the football game tonight in Conway. The local tv stations have been reporting live all week from the campus, interviewing everyone from the water boy to the AD. The game has been sold out for 3 weeks, so I guess the coverage is warranted. Anyway, it seems like yesterday that we were playing them in front of less than 7,500 fans.
bj93 liked this
 #59254  by Davemeister
 Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:26 am
Sea Chickens won, 35-28. Jamie Chadwell has done a great job for them. I remember when he interviewed for the Furman HC opening. Can't help but wonder how well he would have done and how long he would have stayed.
 #59259  by Roundball
 Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:31 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:26 am
Sea Chickens won, 35-28. Jamie Chadwell has done a great job for them. I remember when he interviewed for the Furman HC opening. Can't help but wonder how well he would have done and how long he would have stayed.
The lesser Chickens should have hired Chadwell.
 #59261  by Northeast Furman Fan
 Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:43 pm
Roundball is right. It wasn't that long ago that we were playing at Coastal Carolina in front of 7500 fans. Last night's game may have been at capacity, 21000 fans. That is great growth of a football program.

I would like to see Furman grow to that level as well. Not putting down Coastal in any way, I believe that Furman has more going for it than Coastal. I would love to see a detailed vision for growth in the future.