• Appy

#55946  by Roundball
 Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:00 pm
Giving the Mountaineers credit for putting last week behind them and beating Texas A&M in front of 100,000 fans. I don’t like Appy, but I dislike Jimbo Fisher even more.
din23 liked this
 #56220  by Roundball
 Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:09 am
College GameDay is in Boone today. One of the many signs being held up says, “Furman still sucks.” I sure miss playing those guys. Great games. Great memories.
Bootie liked this
 #56245  by Roundball
 Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:34 pm
Wow. Another miracle on the mountain play.
 #56277  by FUBeAR
 Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:18 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:34 pm
Wow. Another miracle on the mountain play.
Appy Sux
 #56345  by saltyshaker
 Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:57 pm
i ve often wondered if billy napier could have thrown the appy db out of bounds by grabbing him by the facemask what the ruling would have been.my guess is we would have been penalized 15 yards on the subsequent kickoff but appy would not have gotten the 2 points that changed the outcome of the game.
i was at a fellow furman graduate's house .never have i ever had such a fast swing of emotions in such a short time,between elation and despair between scoring the apparent winning td to the original miracle on the mountain.
 #56352  by Bootie
 Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:18 am
Mountain mojo. What a finish. It’s strange, but I find myself pulling for those Appies and happy for them.
Roundball liked this
 #56359  by apaladin
 Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:53 am
saltyshaker wrote:
i ve often wondered if billy napier could have thrown the appy db out of bounds by grabbing him by the facemask what the ruling would have been.my guess is we would have been penalized 15 yards on the subsequent kickoff but appy would not have gotten the 2 points that changed the outcome of the game.
i was at a fellow furman graduate's house .never have i ever had such a fast swing of emotions in such a short time,between elation and despair between scoring the apparent winning td to the original miracle on the mountain.
Yep we were all right there with you. One thing that tweet left off. “Unbelievable luck.”
 #56362  by Roundball
 Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:52 am
apaladin wrote:
saltyshaker wrote:
Yep we were all right there with you. One thing that tweet left off. “Unbelievable luck.”
No one wants to say that it was a bonehead play call. Anyway, it is funny that the national media has no clue what “Miracle on the Mountain II” means. They seems to think the first miracle was Appy’s win over Texas A&M. For that, I am glad. I don’t want to see what was called the “Bonehead Play of the Week” played over and over.
 #56367  by FUBeAR
 Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:13 am
Roundball wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:52 am
apaladin wrote:
saltyshaker wrote:
No one wants to say that it was a bonehead play call. Anyway, it is funny that the national media has no clue what “Miracle on the Mountain II” means. They seems to think the first miracle was Appy’s win over Texas A&M. For that, I am glad. I don’t want to see what was called the “Bonehead Play of the Week” played over and over.
It was the right call, poorly executed. Appy fans & most media mavens are morons.

Billy Napier made a similar call in Florida’s recent upset win over #7 Utah. It was executed perfectly though.
Last edited by FUBeAR on Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #56499  by Davemeister
 Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:56 am
Roundball wrote:
College GameDay is in Boone today. One of the many signs being held up says, “Furman still sucks.” I sure miss playing those guys. Great games. Great memories.

Yeah, I saw it too. Since ASU has presumably "moved on", why would anyone in Boone choose to creat that sign? Do they still love us and miss us that much?
 #56500  by Sir William
 Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:19 am
Roundball wrote:
When I saw it, I took it as a high compliment to the Paladins and as a tip of the hat to what was the one of the best rivalries (if not the best) in FCS football for many years.
 #56568  by JohnKX512
 Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:14 pm
App State has a losing record against Furman that will never be changed. Real Yosef's know this.

They will play the other schools with winning records, Wake Forest and East Carolina, but I doubt will ever pay Furman for a potential loss.
 #56578  by Roundball
 Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:11 pm
I am thinking App's luck runs out this Saturday against James Madison.
 #56579  by Roundball
 Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:17 pm
JohnKX512 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:14 pm
App State has a losing record against Furman that will never be changed. Real Yosef's know this.

They will play the other schools with winning records, Wake Forest and East Carolina, but I doubt will ever pay Furman for a potential loss.
And never forget the spanking we put on them the last time we played each other. It was 27-10, good guys. Even their own website shows a winning record by the Paladins of 11-9-1 from 1985 to 2013.https://appstatesports.com/sports/footb ... ersity/446