• FCS Semifinals

#62559  by FUwolfpacker
 Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:07 pm
The semifinals are now set.

UIW travels to NDSU
Montana State heads to SDSU

Hoping both games are super exciting and that neither Dakota team is in the championship game :D JK, I wouldn't mind seeing SDSU in it. I'm definitely pulling for UIW. I don't have any problem with NDSU but I'd like to see more than 1 or 2 teams win a championship in a decade.
 #62560  by FUBeAR
 Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:25 pm
The NCAA is a gracious host & the Selection Committee sets a nice table for the annual MVFC & Big Sky Invitational. FUBeAR didn’t think it through that the primary purpose for 5 CAA Teams was to give the 4 planned finalists an array of delectable & easily digestible canapés to nibble upon.

UIW has crashed the party. Hopefully, the Cardinals will drop a deuce in the NCAA/MVFC/BSC punch bowl next week. Wish it was us. Shoulda been.
Last edited by FUBeAR on Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
 #62671  by The Jackal
 Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:08 pm
I didn't think this at the outset of the playoffs, but UIW just may win the whole thing.

It'd at least be fun to watch them hang 60 on NDSU in their building.
FUBeAR liked this
 #62682  by FUwolfpacker
 Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:59 am
The Jackal wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:08 pm
I didn't think this at the outset of the playoffs, but UIW just may win the whole thing.

It'd at least be fun to watch them hang 60 on NDSU in their building.
Will definitely be interesting to see if they can keep scoring like they have to this point. Based on the results, it's hard to believe they won't, but you would have lost a lot of money betting against the Bison in December over the last decade. If they can, it'll be interesting to see if the Bison can keep up when it's not a grind it out game. UIW's offense is probably facing the best D they've seen this year, and this has to be the most explosive offense NDSU has seen to this point.

I think both games this week could be really good. I thought MSU and W&M would also be a good one though, so who knows?
 #62737  by gman84
 Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:23 pm
The high Saturday in Brookings, SD will be 15 degrees. Should not be a problem for Montana State. That's another advantage these schools have with the current seeding system. UIW will definitely benefit from being in a dome.
 #62739  by FUBeAR
 Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:20 pm
gman84 wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:23 pm
The high Saturday in Brookings, SD will be 15 degrees. Should not be a problem for Montana State. That's another advantage these schools have with the current seeding system. UIW will definitely benefit from being in a dome.
UIW will not benefit from being in THAT Dome. The bizuns are 35-1 (or so) in Playoff Games in that Dome…for reasons beyond having a very good Football Team.

UIW had 4 pre-snap penalties in their own relatively quiet stadium against Furman. If they don’t fix that issue, they won’t be able to get a snap off at all in the FargoDome. Harder to know unless one has played there as a visitor, but FUBeAR thinks Visiting Defenses are also impacted by the silence when NDSU has the ball. Defenses and Defensive Players thrive on ENERGY, NOISE, and CHAOS. FUBeAR thinks playing on the 2nd Floor of the Library messes with D mojo and causes mental lapses.

Never played there, but have spoken with people who have. They’ve told FUBeAR it’s just really difficult on Offense and really weird on Defense.

Love to see UIW win by 30…but the Dome is a Tall Task…and the bizuns are still a pretty good ball club too.
 #62746  by gman84
 Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:25 pm
Well dang FUBeAR, I was thinking warm weather team in a dome... better than temps in the teens. Can't ever get one by you. I believe what you are saying about the advantage they have in their dome. They just need to go FBS and dominate there.
 #62749  by Davemeister
 Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:42 pm
If they went to the FBS they wouldn't dominate. Fast company.
 #62834  by apaladin
 Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:27 am
Kinda sad but I bet more FU fans watch the UIW/NDSU game than UIW fans do.
gman84 liked this
 #62913  by Roundball
 Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:16 am
apaladin wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:27 am
Kinda sad but I bet more FU fans watch the UIW/NDSU game than UIW fans do.
That will add up to a handful of viewers.
 #62994  by FUBeAR
 Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:45 am
Assuming the UIW Team can get to the FargoDome (they did land at the Fargo Airport late yesterday afternoon)…along with their equipment (not sure if they put it on the plane or sent a truck)…they may not have to face the crowd noise issues that have really, really hurt other NDSU Playoff Opponents (including our Paladins) in the past…as all the interstates into Fargo are currently closed.

https://travel.dot.nd.gov/?bbox=-105.0 ... 194,49.923

Could be a sparse crowd tonight.

GO CARDINALS!!!
Davemeister liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Roster Rebuild

by apaladin

Fri May 17, 2024 12:21 am

User avatar The Future Home Of Furman Basketball

by FU Hoopla

Thu May 16, 2024 11:56 pm

User avatar Off-season SOCON Transfer Tracker

by FU Hoopla

Thu May 16, 2024 11:55 pm

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by FU Hoopla

Thu May 16, 2024 11:52 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Thu May 16, 2024 2:46 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.