• Sac State. V. The Word

#62479  by gofurman
 Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:51 pm
Man. EASY OFFENSE RUNNING THE BALL for Sac State. Surprisingly easy. Even on goal line they just walk in. Just moving the UIW DL. very early in game … just saying surprised how easily Sacramento seems able to run on the DL of UIW I was so impressed with where we scored basically 3 points on offense in first half
 #62485  by FurmAlum
 Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:46 pm
UIW already called for PI twice in 1st Q. There not so good on D when they can't grab and hold. Refs in San Antone didn't have the guts to call it. But they did have enough to call a false hold.

UIW O as good as usual.

And that #5 Marcus Cooper is a heck of a player.
Last edited by FurmAlum on Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #62487  by apaladin
 Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:19 am
Same halftime score as last week. UIW 28-17, even though about 200 yds less of offense UIW has the same amount of points as last week. I’m telling you the winner this game ends up in the national title game. Could have been us if not for a bogus holding call with 3 mins left last week. We didn’t realize it at the time but it was set up for us to make a run at the Natty. Have to admit MSU looks really good.
 #62493  by apaladin
 Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:43 am
W&M just getting totally humiliated. 55-0 end of third. Glad our season didn’t end like that.
 #62494  by apaladin
 Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:54 am
I guess it’s time Sammy to hit the portals and find next year’s team.
 #62495  by apaladin
 Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:08 am
Everytime they show the UIW coach it looks like he is just hoping to lose, get this over with so I can get to my next gig.
 #62496  by apaladin
 Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:25 am
After watching UIW play #2 Sacramento St. for the first time in many a year I feel like our Paladins can compete with the best teams in the country. Been way too long since we could say that.
 #62497  by purplehorse123
 Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:44 am
This game is a shoot-out. UIW seems to have no D at all in second half especially against the little short screen passes.

Lindsey Scott Jr. is a better runner than passer.
 #62499  by apaladin
 Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:40 am
Wow what a game! UIW scores with 27 seconds left and wins 66-63. Huge coaching mistake for SSU. Completed a pass inside the 50 for a first down with 16 seconds left. They chose not to use one of their 2 timeouts, the clock starts and by the time they run the next play only 5 seconds remained. So they get to take those 2 timeouts home with them. It’s 2:40AM but was worth staying up for! Most points ever scored in an FCS playoff game.
Last edited by apaladin on Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
 #62500  by FUBeAR
 Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:40 am
Shoulda been us
apaladin liked this
 #62501  by apaladin
 Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:47 am
I think UIW beats NDSU next week and heads to the national championship game and could bring as many as 200 fans with them. Gotta hate that. Man it was really set up for us, THAT DAMN HOLDING CALL. ESPN really blew it when they chose to air 2 boring games on espn2 while sending this game to espn+.
Davemeister liked this
 #62503  by purplehorse123
 Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:04 am
apaladin wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:47 am
I think UIW beats NDSU next week and heads to the national championship game and could bring as many as 200 fans with them. Gotta hate that. Man it was really set up for us, THAT DAMN HOLDING CALL. ESPN really blew it when they chose to air 2 boring games on espn2 while sending this game to espn+.

Yes I will be surprised if UIW doesn’t whip NDSU.

Yep crazy this game was not on ESPN.

Yes it was there for us but it is a game of inches. We did not close the deal after we went up 38-34 but I think we will learn from it.

Glad the two onside kicks did not cost UIW the game.

Lindsey Scott is a better runner than passer and he and Marcus Foster are very fast and shifty runners.
Last edited by purplehorse123 on Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #62505  by apaladin
 Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:48 am
1,317 yards of offense. Sac. St. had 738 yards of offense and lost. 😳 The UIW fumble return for a TD cost Sac. St.
 #62508  by AstroDin
 Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:01 am
These types of matchups are tricky to compare.
I have no idea how Furman would have matched up against Sac St.
It would have been interesting to see the rushing attack match-ups.

A couple of takes on the other games…

Samford vs NDSU
Watching Samford play NDSU gave me hope when we get matched up with the Bison again. I was a bit surprised at how physically the game played out. I would love to see our line play against the Bisons.

W&M vs MSU
I was expecting a lot more from W&M and the Tribe rushing attack. They looked one-dimensional and IMO were out of their league in Bozeman. That said, MSU can make almost any team look bad in Bozeman. Touchdown Tommy reminds me of Tyler Huff. I'd give the speed and the ability to run with physicality nod to Huff.

I believe Mercer, Samford, and Furman would have been better competiton.
 #62510  by FUBeAR
 Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:36 am
AstroDin wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:01 am
These types of matchups are tricky to compare.
I have no idea how Furman would have matched up against Sac St.
It would have been interesting to see the rushing attack match-ups.

A couple of takes on the other games…

Samford vs NDSU
Watching Samford play NDSU gave me hope when we get matched up with the Bison again. I was a bit surprised at how physically the game played out. I would love to see our line play against the Bisons.

W&M vs MSU
I was expecting a lot more from W&M and the Tribe rushing attack. They looked one-dimensional and IMO were out of their league in Bozeman. That said, MSU can make almost any team look bad in Bozeman. Touchdown Tommy reminds me of Tyler Huff. I'd give the speed and the ability to run with physicality nod to Huff.

I believe Mercer, Samford, and Furman would have been better competiton.
Any SoCon Team, other than VMI (this year), Woffy, and CIT was better than the best the CAA has to offer. William & Mary matched up with Montana State almost as poorly as the PFL’s non-scholarship Morehead State did. The CAA is, marginally, if at all, better than the Patriot League and the NEC. Richmond’s losing performance against SacState was the BEST thing the CAA’s 5 Teams did in the Playoffs. No CAA Team was even close to being competitive in any game that wasn’t against a PL, NEC, PFL, or BigSouth (surprisingly) Team.

Poll voters, computer algorithms, and, most importantly, the Playoff Selection Committee, must, next year, acknowledge this and respond accordingly. No way should the CAA get more than 1 AtLarge bid to the 2023 Playoffs…even if they have 3 Teams that are 11-0.
Last edited by FUBeAR on Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jasper, AstroDin, FurmAlum and 1 others liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by FUBeAR

Sat May 18, 2024 4:44 am

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by furpop16

Sat May 18, 2024 2:15 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by FU Hoopla

Fri May 17, 2024 11:27 pm

User avatar 100 DAYS

by apaladin

Fri May 17, 2024 10:28 pm

User avatar The Future Home Of Furman Basketball

by FU Hoopla

Thu May 16, 2024 11:56 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.