Sad Din wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 3:57 pm
affirm wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 8:02 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 7:50 pm
Jasper wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 6:25 pm
Not that anyone cares on these basketball - dominated boards but I witnessed two of the best athletic contests I have ever seen today. I refer to the NCAA Championship semi- finals played today between Dune and Penn State in the opener followed by UVA vs. Notre Dame in front of a packed house of 30,000 + fans in Philadelphia. Both games went into sudden score overtime and were played by some of the best athletes I have ever seen. It was exciting, thrill a minute action from start to finish that anyone who loves sports would appreciate - played by kids with good academic backgrounds from leading secondary schools and played by some of the elite colleges in the nation. IF there ever was a southern school that was great fit for lacrosse it is Furman and the fact that it failed here is simply ridiculous. We had a fully funded start up that was mangled by people who knew nothing about the game and that included an all-time bad hiring. We could not have made a worse choice for someone to initiate a program at a school that had no prior experience or knowledge of the sport then was made. And yet we fielded a 40- 45-man team with I hear about 5 scholarships and the rest paying a full boat. And they were great kids with excellent academics. How does that make sense for a school with high expectations and plans? It is simply short sighted and stupid for Furman to not have a Division 1 LAX program, Section 9 considerations notwithstanding. Just do the damned thing right this time. It is a great game and a forward looking positive for the university. Sorry to interrupt this ridiculous and boring chatter about basketball that you are allowing to kill your worthwhile efforts.

Trying LAX again would be a moronic waste of money and energy for the school, nobody down here cares about LAX and that will not change, and FU is way too small enrollment wise to waste money pushing a sport that nobody cares about, end of discussion.

This topic is BORING :lol:
The SoCon does not sponsor lacrosse competition.
Mercer participates in men's lacrosse in ASUN
VMI participates in men's lacrosse in MAAC
Mercer participates in women's lacrosse in Big South
Furman participates in women's lacrosse in Big South
Wofford participates in women's lacrosse in Big South
In addition to giving the above information, affirm agrees completely with the comments by FU Hoopla.
Lacrosse may be a very enjoyable game to play and perhaps also to watch.
At this time, Furman needs to continue to focus on, support, and excel in the sports that we do have.
persoannally SD enjoys WLax more than MLax. Mlax is more like MMA and WLax is more a combination of soccer, basketall with some toughness. SD beleives Wlax could be a sport Dins could receive National recognition. Theres only around 100 D1 teams. The sport will continue to grow and thats the chance to grow it. IMHO

Dins need spring sport to be good in (and stay on TVand in the news).

FB in the fall, Bball in Winter and WLax in the sping.
Almost as boring as a dozen daily off season posts from a dimwitted BB wannabe who never made his HS team.

Your pathetic insults don't bother me one bit lol, they remind me of a drunk idiot pissing in the wind and getting it blown back all over himself...... :lol:
 #73754  by FurmAlum
 Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:17 pm
This little spat between Furman fans is appalling.

I propose a fight - FU Hoopla vs Jasper. 1 Hour before game time at the FU/Tenn Tech game. It could be billed as the Thrilla in Greenvilla.

Tickets $100 each. Official Referee - Cavedweller 2. Winner - Last man standing.

All proceeds to be donated to the Timmons Arena Upgrade. That should get us over the hump.
 #73755  by FUBeAR
 Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:26 pm
FurmAlum wrote:

I propose a fight - FU Hoopla vs Jasper. 1 Hour before game time at the FU/Tenn Tech game. It could be billed as the Thrilla in Greenvilla.

Tickets $100 each. Official Referee - Cavedweller 2. Winner - Last man standing.

All proceeds to be donated to the Timmons Arena Upgrade. That should get us over the hump.
FUBeAR will be Jasper’s Corner Man

AND

…his Hype Man

#73763  by FU Hoopla
 Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:40 am
FurmAlum wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 #73777  by FUBeAR
 Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:38 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:25 pm
Sorta like Musk v. Zuckerberg.
Davemeister liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Roster Rebuild

by apaladin

Wed May 15, 2024 1:57 pm

User avatar New Spartanburg Minor League Team

by Davemeister

Wed May 15, 2024 11:19 am

User avatar Richmond to Patriot League for Football

by FUBeAR

Wed May 15, 2024 10:38 am

Default Avatar New Lax Coach

by Sad Din

Tue May 14, 2024 6:12 pm

User avatar Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy

by FUTex

Tue May 14, 2024 12:58 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.