• WLAX

#52507  by Sad Din
 Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:42 pm
Ladies are in trouble man... hate it for those ladies.
 #52529  by Affirm
 Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:50 am
Sad Din wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:42 pm
Ladies are in trouble man... hate it for those ladies.

I guess you are referring to 0-5.
 #52540  by FUBeAR
 Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:40 pm
0-5

All 5 losses by double digits
 #52558  by Jasper
 Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:09 pm
Someone told me today that the coach left unexpectedly and took s bunch of players and recruits with her. New coach had no chance to recruit. They are very shorthanded apparently. It happens.
 #52559  by FUBeAR
 Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:29 pm
Jasper wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:09 pm
Someone told me today that the coach left unexpectedly and took s bunch of players and recruits with her. New coach had no chance to recruit. They are very shorthanded apparently. It happens.
Yep…sorta - think an Asst Coach went as well.

* 4 Ex-Paladins on the 4-4 BeachChickens roster.
* 2 are GR’s though…so they may not have been willing/able to stay anyway.
* The other 2 were youngsters - now Soph’s - 1 isn’t showing any info…so don’t know how much of a contributor she was / woulda been, but the other one is obviously a stud(ette?) - 1st Team All Conf., FR of the year, etc.

Not sure about the recruiting cycle / timing / efforts expended by old/new staff…but, obviously & definitely a rebuilding year. Probably a good year for it though…during the transition from the SoCon to the Big South (because the SoCon ‘opted out’ of sponsoring WLAX).
 #52561  by FU3
 Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:23 pm
The whole coaching staff left for Coastal ( HC and both assistants). HC position was not filled for months. This program unlike mens lacrosse was successful from the beginning. It is a shame they have fallen to this level.Leaving the team without any coaches for months prior to the start of the season was a real head scratcher.
 #52570  by Sad Din
 Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:29 pm
yep. Ditto all above... this one is filed under the "take one for the Team" in 2022

Plus the old coach scheduled the non-conf season against many top programs!

Thanks coach.. may your days at Coastal be filled with bailing kids of of jail after partying too much on he beach!
 #52574  by Jasper
 Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:08 pm
FU took a chance and gave her a HC job. No good turn goes unpunished I guess. She did a good job here as opposed to the ridiculous hire of the mens coach - a guy who had seen better days and completely screwed up the program’s start. Lacrosse is a great sport for Furman for many reasons but that one critical mistake torpedoed the program.
Sad Din liked this
 #52576  by Sad Din
 Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:27 pm
A common phrase that is used in coaching searches is "one name keeps popping up with all we spoke with"

well. duh... if the source is a person with ties to a certain program, do you think they will recommend a person that will beat them?
 #52677  by Fred Garvin
 Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:24 am
Great investment !
1. Exists only due to Title IX
2. Contributes nothing to our historical footprint
3. Hand is continually out to get more free stuff at the expense of other sports
4. Got some great offices by helping kill another sport.

I give no money to anything but the FFPA for this reason.
apaladin liked this
 #52679  by Flagman
 Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:21 pm
They beat Wofford!
underjack liked this
 #52684  by Roundball
 Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:09 pm
Fred Garvin wrote:
Great investment !
3. Hand is continually out to get more free stuff at the expense of other sports

Let's not forget there are 21 smart and bright young women that contribute to making Furman a better university by just being there.
MNORM, FU3, underjack liked this
 #52744  by Sad Din
 Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:40 pm
Gotta hand it to the Ladies after a very sad 0-5 start, two impressive wins in the Conference

Ladies look good! Big road match vs Longwood this week

WLAX is the new baseball so best just get over it
 #52837  by apaladin
 Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:29 am
Roundball wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:09 pm
Fred Garvin wrote:
Great investment !

Let's not forget there are 21 smart and bright young women that contribute to making Furman a better university by just being there.
Supposedly we had to sacrifice 75 bright young men for thrm. I said supposedly. Whats fair about that?
 #52839  by FU3
 Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:02 pm
That was not the reason.

Recent Topics

User avatar Roster Rebuild

by apaladin

Wed May 15, 2024 1:57 pm

User avatar New Spartanburg Minor League Team

by Davemeister

Wed May 15, 2024 11:19 am

User avatar Richmond to Patriot League for Football

by FUBeAR

Wed May 15, 2024 10:38 am

Default Avatar New Lax Coach

by Sad Din

Tue May 14, 2024 6:12 pm

User avatar Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy

by FUTex

Tue May 14, 2024 12:58 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.