• WHAT A SHAME

#85112  by apaladin
 Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:30 am
A plethera of college baseball coming to Fluor Field starting March 1st but no Furman sadly. Florida St, Michigan St., Western Michigan and Illinois all play the first weekend. Clemson and South Carolina return too, but are playing PC and Upstate instead of Furman. Just a shame.
 #85138  by apaladin
 Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:52 pm
Watching a SoCon baseball team host the number one team in the country. That woud never happn in any other sport. FU does not have baseball.

Update: UNCG takes down the number one team in the country on their home field and storms the field on espn.
 #85145  by Paul C
 Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:26 pm
Popularity of this thread matches the popularity of our baseball team when we had one.
Jasper, Stumpy liked this
 #85150  by Affirm
 Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:42 am
Shame (or actually, “who cares?”) is another SoCon team losing 3 days ago by a score such as 5-22. Run-rule called off the continuation of the game or it would have been worse.
 #85159  by Davemeister
 Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:58 am
What a shame that we continue to post about a defunct program. BB is alive and in progress. Go Dins!
 #85172  by furpop16
 Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:34 pm
aPaladin might try championing an additional women's team (my suggestion: women's field hockey). They'd need an accompanying men's team, and baseball would be perfectly situated for reintroduction, albeit through the back door.
 #85174  by Affirm
 Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:59 pm
furpop16 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:34 pm
aPaladin might try championing an additional women's team (my suggestion: women's field hockey). They'd need an accompanying men's team, and baseball would be perfectly situated for reintroduction, albeit through the back door.
Affirm has long ago suggested adding women’s field hockey in the past also.
Affirm fully disagrees that they (women’s field hockey ) would need any accompanying men’s team. (Even if there were to be any such alleged need, men’s lacrosse would be at least as well situated as baseball.)
Let’s focus on continuing to do well, as well as a small D1 school as Furman can do, to fully support and appreciate the great sports and great teams that we now have.
 #85400  by Sad Din
 Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:02 pm
On the Fan radio show yesterday, Marc Ryan suggested that the Carolina Oanthers owner Tepper create some good will in the Upstate by offering to fund the Dins baseball program

Great idea... for those guys $20M is a tip and worth all the free advertsiing they will get from it

Dins could add Ladies Gymnastics which is a very popular fan sport. You would get every kid in a 20 mile radius attending. Plus it would be a great event at New Tmmons
 #85403  by MidlandsPaladin
 Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:40 pm
Clemson just started women's gymnastics, so I think they have cornered that market. Let's focus on baseball, where there are many more great high school athletes in this state to choose from. If you don't believe me, look at how Wofford's program took off once we cut our program and they were able to take kids that we normally would have offered.
 #85408  by Sad Din
 Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:52 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:40 pm
Clemson just started women's gymnastics, so I think they have cornered that market. Let's focus on baseball, where there are many more great high school athletes in this state to choose from. If you don't believe me, look at how Wofford's program took off once we cut our program and they were able to take kids that we normally would have offered.
SD meant to add a ladies sport to offset the men's scholies
Davemeister liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Roster Rebuild

by apaladin

Wed May 15, 2024 1:57 pm

User avatar New Spartanburg Minor League Team

by Davemeister

Wed May 15, 2024 11:19 am

User avatar Richmond to Patriot League for Football

by FUBeAR

Wed May 15, 2024 10:38 am

Default Avatar New Lax Coach

by Sad Din

Tue May 14, 2024 6:12 pm

User avatar Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy

by FUTex

Tue May 14, 2024 12:58 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.