• Not Forgotten

#61634  by FUBF24
 Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:39 am
I'm just posting this here because the last time Furman baseball has been discussed was in August. I hope our baseball team will never be forgotten if it isn't brought back! I hope in the future the baseball forum will be filled with news, game recaps, etc. instead of nothingness. Go Dins!
apaladin liked this
 #61655  by JohnKX512
 Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:00 pm
FUBF24 wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:39 am
I'm just posting this here because the last time Furman baseball has been discussed was in August. I hope our baseball team will never be forgotten if it isn't brought back! I hope in the future the baseball forum will be filled with news, game recaps, etc. instead of nothingness. Go Dins!
We used to have a club baseball team. Any news on these guys? Would be a good start.
 #61663  by apaladin
 Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:19 pm
Thanks guys! Unfortunately baseball will not return as long as ED is president. It was her decision and will not admit she was wrong in a hundred years.
 #61724  by JohnKX512
 Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:11 pm
So we have club lacrosse, volleyball, basketball, rugby, soccer, swimming, gymnastics, tennis, golf, equestrian, aikido and badminton.

It must be Dr. Davis. This is definitely not a student interest thing.

If fans want baseball, the students need to want baseball. I do not see much evidence outside of the three posters on this website.
 #61741  by apaladin
 Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:42 pm
Well if you go Furman student interest there would be no intercollegiate sports and yes it was ED 100%. Up to you if you want to believe it but it is true without any doubt.
 #61753  by Roundball
 Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:02 am
apaladin wrote:
Well if you go Furman student interest there would be no intercollegiate sports and yes it was ED 100%. Up to you if you want to believe it but it is true without any doubt.
I doubt it is true. Please stop trying to say canceling baseball was all on Elizabeth Davis. It is simply not true at all.
JohnKX512 liked this
 #61767  by MNORM
 Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:14 am
As usual, a post about baseball has descended into general idiocy. If you have any sort of proof that ED unilaterally axed the baseball program then please feel free to post the details here.
I miss baseball as much as anyone else. Making completely unfounded claims about our current president isn't going to bring the program back. If you want baseball back so badly then then stop your constant bitching and moaning and put your money where your mouth is; request a meeting with ED and JD, start an alumni fund raising campaign with former players, help organize a club team that could (with funding) evolve into a program again. Instead, y'all go on a public message board and anonymously badmouth our president without any evidence to support your claims. It's sad.
Roundball, JohnKX512, din23 liked this
 #61775  by JohnKX512
 Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:53 am
Tom Hanks once told Dr. Davis that there is no crying baseball. She was a pitching star, but then transferred to a different team. Her best friend let her win a world series.

Because of this, Dr. Kit Davis decided to become a higher education director and then specifically came to Furman to take away baseball. Her goal: Bring back the AAGPBL and establish the Traveler's Rest Peaches.

I saw it in a movie. It is true.
Roundball liked this
 #61777  by JohnKX512
 Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:01 am
Roundball wrote:
apaladin wrote:
I doubt it is true. Please stop trying to say canceling baseball was all on Elizabeth Davis. It is simply not true at all.
Well I did look at student interests, did you think I made this up?

https://www.furman.edu/campus-recreatio ... s-listing/

So are you saying that Dr. Davis just prohibits baseball, but allows all of these other sports/activities and participation?

I love baseball, I think we have great facilities, and our school is in the south with an historicish? baseball program. But blaming one person for the loss of a program is the stupidest thing I have ever heard spewed on this message board. Nut up or shut up.

(Yeah Elizabeth is my mom and I just use this account to defend her. But come on guys!)
MNORM liked this
 #61778  by MNORM
 Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:03 am
JohnKX512 wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:53 am
Tom Hanks once told Dr. Davis that there is no crying baseball. She was a pitching star, but then transferred to a different team. Her best friend let her win a world series.

Because of this, Dr. Kit Davis decided to become a higher education director and then specifically came to Furman to take away baseball. Her goal: Bring back the AAGPBL and establish the Traveler's Rest Peaches.

I saw it in a movie. It is true.
And now that I've read it on the internet it's absolutely and undeniably accurate and sacrosanct.
 #61792  by Furmanoid
 Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:00 pm
JohnKX512 wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:01 am
Roundball wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Well I did look at student interests, did you think I made this up?

https://www.furman.edu/campus-recreatio ... s-listing/

So are you saying that Dr. Davis just prohibits baseball, but allows all of these other sports/activities and participation?

I love baseball, I think we have great facilities, and our school is in the south with an historicish? baseball program. But blaming one person for the loss of a program is the stupidest thing I have ever heard spewed on this message board. Nut up or shut up.

(Yeah Elizabeth is my mom and I just use this account to defend her. But come on guys!)
Good points. The lack of a club team indicates that not even 9 guys on campus are really all that into baseball. The way club sports work most places is that people who want to play get up a team and just sort of register with the school’s rec department. The schools don’t get all that involved. So probably the only reason we don’t have a club is that nobody feels like playing.

I guess some would say we should have baseball whether the students want it or not because, after all, this is not only America but the South, and, by damn, we ought to have baseball like pretty much everybody else. Not the most sane argument, but I sorta sympathize with the general idea.

I used to sometimes burn one on a nice spring day and walk over to watch a little ball. It was real nice, but we can’t force the new Furmanoids to like baseball.
FUBeAR, MNORM liked this
 #62074  by apaladin
 Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:27 pm
I don’t want to share here but anyone is welcome to PM me.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by Sad Din

Thu May 16, 2024 6:12 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Thu May 16, 2024 2:46 pm

User avatar 2024 opponents

by FUBeAR

Thu May 16, 2024 1:13 pm

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by FUBeAR

Thu May 16, 2024 11:35 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.