• Baseball Facility

#40317  by Fred Garvin
 Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:48 am
Exciting news from "our" University......
1. The keys to the 3 million dollar baseball facility have been given to......you guessed it.....Women's Lacrosse
2. One of the soccer teams has been practicing on the outfield

I want to come back as a women's sport......lose money.....don't care......get stuff for free.....or I sue
FU69, apaladin liked this
 #40320  by FUBeAR
 Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:58 am
Fred Garvin wrote:
1. The keys to the 3 million dollar baseball facility have been given to......you guessed it.....Women's Lacrosse

I want to come back as a women's sport......lose money.....don't care......get stuff for free.....or I sue
FUBeAR has always thought of you as “women’s sport,” Fred. No?
 #40322  by FU3
 Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:19 am
I suppose it should just sit there in quiet anticipation of ED having an epiphany and bringing baseball back. That isn’t happening... glad someone can use it since they are paying for upkeep anyway.
 #40324  by Furmanoid
 Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:30 am
At the risk of sounding like a liberal I'll just say that in my experience raising and coaching girl athletes I've found that they work as hard or harder than boys and complain a lot less. They are also way more fun to be around. Why not let them have an otherwise useless facility? As far as losing money goes, I think all of our teams do that.
FU3, Roundball, Davemeister liked this
 #40325  by Fred Garvin
 Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:08 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
At the risk of sounding like a liberal I'll just say that in my experience raising and coaching girl athletes I've found that they work as hard or harder than boys and complain a lot less. They are also way more fun to be around. Why not let them have an otherwise useless facility? As far as losing money goes, I think all of our teams do that.
Coached for 35 years....guys and girls.....good ones don't whine....whiners whine.....this is another example of a TANSTAAFL violation....
There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.......unless you are a female sport or a sport that always wants but never gives.....
Question......is the godly LAX program helping to fund the new turf?
FU69 liked this
 #40326  by Sad Din
 Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:24 pm
Fred Garvin wrote:

Confirmed? or rumor?

Dang it. SD was hoping they would get Paladin Stadium and the baseball facility would go to the baseball team
 #40327  by Furmanoid
 Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:13 pm
Fred Garvin wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:08 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Coached for 35 years....guys and girls.....good ones don't whine....whiners whine.....this is another example of a TANSTAAFL violation....
There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.......unless you are a female sport or a sport that always wants but never gives.....
Question......is the godly LAX program helping to fund the new turf?
TANSTAAFL? In 2021 America? Stop smoking crack.
 #40328  by FU3
 Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:20 pm
Well a lacrosse donor paid for the one in Paladin Stadium so seems about right.Count down to whining 3 .. 2...1.
 #40339  by Sad Din
 Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:28 pm
Ladies destroy opponent to claim second Socon championship!

Gotta put the year up on the wall!

Affirm, FU69 liked this
 #40361  by apaladin
 Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:37 pm
Not surprising, this fits right in with the ED agenda. Clempson is reinstating the 4 minor sports they axed because Covid did not have the effect on them that they thought it would. Wonder if they could talk to ED. Ok nevermind. Can’t talk to a dictator.
 #40365  by Roundball
 Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:34 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:37 pm
Not surprising, this fits right in with the ED agenda. Clempson is reinstating the 4 minor sports they axed because Covid did not have the effect on them that they thought it would. Wonder if they could talk to ED. Ok nevermind. Can’t talk to a dictator.
Can you give us the inside information on the agenda of Elizabeth Davis?
 #40367  by FU3
 Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:14 pm
Perhaps if she were to offer a public agenda or plan concerning athletics there wouldn’t be as much speculation.
apaladin, FU69 liked this
 #40377  by Fred Garvin
 Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:44 am
Sad Din wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:28 pm
Ladies destroy opponent to claim second Socon championship!

Gotta put the year up on the wall!

I'm sure the Title IX powers that be will put it up in lights and probably take down some football years.

Maybe with a pistol beside it because they killed baseball this year as well.
FU69 liked this
 #40378  by FU3
 Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:54 am
Title IX didn’t kill baseball ED did.The excuses for why they actually did it have been let’s say. ...fluid.
apaladin liked this
 #40379  by apaladin
 Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:08 am
FU3 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:54 am
Title IX didn’t kill baseball ED did.The excuses for why they actually did it have been let’s say. ...fluid.
Absolutely!

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Richmond to Patriot League for Football

by Affirm

Wed May 15, 2024 7:16 pm

User avatar Roster Rebuild

by apaladin

Wed May 15, 2024 1:57 pm

User avatar New Spartanburg Minor League Team

by Davemeister

Wed May 15, 2024 11:19 am

Default Avatar New Lax Coach

by Sad Din

Tue May 14, 2024 6:12 pm

User avatar Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy

by FUTex

Tue May 14, 2024 12:58 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.