• JP HEADED TO AUBURN

#87039  by tya1
 Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:29 pm
Of the four mentioned, they are most likely to be playing in the NCAA tournament next year. Probably an incentive greater than the money. NIL would probably be similar at the others mentioned.
 #87055  by Roundball
 Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:45 am
tya1 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:29 pm
Of the four mentioned, they are most likely to be playing in the NCAA tournament next year. Probably an incentive greater than the money. NIL would probably be similar at the others mentioned.
No. It is all about the money, and I completely understand a young man and his family going after all they can get, while they can get it. JP gave me some wonderful thrills while at Furman. I wish him nothing but the best.
GOAT liked this
 #87066  by FUpaladin08
 Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:41 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:23 pm
If he's not coming back to Furman who cares...

I think it’s fine to celebrate the success of Furman players. We may not like how and where they end up, but if part of our future recruiting is showing that Furman can get you into a P5 school with NIL deal this is something CBR will point to as a selling point. We just have to get used to our best players not graduating from Furman and take advantage of the time while they are here.
Roundball, hypercycloid liked this
 #87078  by Davemeister
 Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:59 pm
FUpaladin08 wrote:
We just have to get used to our best players not graduating from Furman and take advantage of the time while they are here.

Hunter, Slawson, Bothwell, and Foster graduated from Furman. Players NOT graduating is something we shouldn't have to get used to.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #87086  by Bootie
 Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:16 pm
As much as I hate the changes happening, I can't blame or hate on JP or anyone else for taking that kind of money. If you paid attention to CBR's recent video with Dan he was throwing out some pretty big numbers. I wish him the best.
Roundball liked this
 #87093  by FUBeAR
 Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:38 am
FUpaladin08 wrote:
We just have to get used to our best players not graduating from Furman…
No problem.

FUBeAR is already used to not caring about the NBA, the NFL, most college basketball, and FBS Football.

All former passions now resting on the scrap heap with the rest of the women FUBeAR has destroyed.
We can just add another one to the list.
Bootie liked this
 #87256  by FUpaladin08
 Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:03 pm
Davemeister wrote:
FUpaladin08 wrote:
We just have to get used to our best players not graduating from Furman and take advantage of the time while they are here.
I’m talking about moving forward based on this year’s exits. Maybe it’s a one year blip and we’ll trend closer to the players you mentioned?
Hunter, Slawson, Bothwell, and Foster graduated from Furman. Players NOT graduating is something we shouldn't have to get used to.
 #87263  by apaladin
 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:42 pm
FUpaladin08 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:03 pm
Davemeister wrote:
FUpaladin08 wrote:
I’m talking about moving forward based on this year’s exits. Maybe it’s a one year blip and we’ll trend closer to the players you mentioned?
All of those graduated before the just outright pay for play that has really taken off in tbe last few months. The NCAA has realized it is not going to win any court cases so it is now wide open with no rules or regulations in place thus the NCAA saying yesterday anyone can transfer at any time and be immediately eligilble as long long as they are in good standing academically. That last part was just to save face and means nothing.