• QUESTION FOR DAN

#86384  by apaladin
 Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:06 am
Hey Dan, thanks for recent interviews. Since the basketball team seems to be falling apart at the seams at least on the surface an interview with CBR would be very welcomed if you could arrange it. I think the fanbase could use a pep talk.
dornb liked this
 #86390  by Paladin91
 Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:38 am
apaladin wrote:Hey Dan, thanks for recent interviews. Since the basketball team seems to be falling apart at the seams at least on the surface an interview with CBR would be very welcomed if you could arrange it. I think the fanbase could use a pep talk.
I doubt CBR has much to say other than it is what it is. Hopefully the staff is in full on “recruiting mode.” My question, however, is whether the staff was blindsided by the transfers or did they know in advance that this was going to transpire.
dornb liked this
 #86391  by Roundball
 Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:21 am
Now is certainly not the time to bother Coach Richey. He has his hands full right now trying to navigate the new world of college basketball.
 #86392  by Paladin91
 Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:34 am
The bigger issue is that Furman was seen as one of the outliers in developing young players through the system. We are already at a disadvantage with NIL as a small school in D1. The bigger question is can we even compete in the transfer world. One team auto bid conference - wonder if CBR is thinking whether it’s worth the effort when he can go coach in a multibid conference and have more resources to recruit and keep quality players.
 #86393  by jesse174
 Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:51 am
We will be the last to hear anything related to our situation..if we get transfers, it will be towards the end of the period when players are running out of time to transfer...we may benefit from this as players choices may be diminished.
apaladin liked this
 #86394  by FUBF24
 Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:19 am
Paladin91 wrote:
apaladin wrote:Hey Dan, thanks for recent interviews. Since the basketball team seems to be falling apart at the seams at least on the surface an interview with CBR would be very welcomed if you could arrange it. I think the fanbase could use a pep talk.
I doubt CBR has much to say other than it is what it is. Hopefully the staff is in full on “recruiting mode.” My question, however, is whether the staff was blindsided by the transfers or did they know in advance that this was going to transpire.
https://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/furman

We currently have no incoming freshmen into our program this upcoming year, doing lots of work for the 2025 class though it seems
 #86395  by apaladin
 Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:22 am
Roundball wrote:
Now is certainly not the time to bother Coach Richey. He has his hands full right now trying to navigate the new world of college basketball.
Really don’t think taking 30 mins to talk with his supporters would deter him from tackling the task at hand.
 #86396  by Paladin91
 Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:07 pm
FUBF24 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:19 am
Paladin91 wrote:
https://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/furman

We currently have no incoming freshmen into our program this upcoming year, doing lots of work for the 2025 class though it seems
I’m a little surprised we weren’t actively recruiting for at least one slot for the 2024 class with Repass leaving late last year. A friend of mine’s son is a 6’6 shooting guard that was interested in FU but had little to no contact. He had offers from Alabama, Chattanooga, WCU, and Marshall and ended up committing to Marshall. Good kid with a nice stroke from 3.
Now we are left with 4 spots to fill in portal and that assumes nobody else leaves.
 #86504  by Davemeister
 Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:03 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:22 am
Roundball wrote:
Really don’t think taking 30 mins to talk with his supporters would deter him from tackling the task at hand.

Now that our underclassmen are entering the portal as well as the two grads, I think CBR addressing Paladin Nation would be in order. If only to "show the flag" and indicate that he is not entering the portal as well.