• How is HC Bob Richey?

#86926  by Sad Din
 Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:00 pm
excellent. SD is pumped for the upcoming season

CBR said something very interesting. When talking to recruits about development, maybe in the past it was to get to be a pro. Now it could be to develop to be a P5 transfer to get $400-500k. P5 coaches are looking at Din players becuase they know the system works
Fuonetime, FU Hoopla liked this
 #86929  by FU Hoopla
 Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:02 pm
FUpaladin08 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:38 pm

CBR just continues to impress as the leader. I could listen to him talk basketball all day. Thanks for the content Dan!
Would not trade Richey for any other coach in the country!
Fuonetime liked this
 #86935  by cavedweller2
 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:04 pm
Coach Richey strikes me as someone who wants to do something he’s been told can’t be done. We’ll see.
Fuonetime, Bootie, MNORM liked this
 #86936  by tim
 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:13 pm
It may be that some coaches like Oates would feed good young players to Richey for development. Back in the day Tates Locke (Clemson) and Joe Williams did that with Anderson and North Greenville who were Jucos . Still don't like it though.
Fuonetime liked this
 #86939  by tim
 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:20 pm
Paladin91 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:54 pm
CBR mentioned we had one commitment already - anyone heard anything or have a guess?
Nick Anderson would be my guess.
 #86946  by youwouldno
 Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:51 pm
Good interview. Richey articulated a lot about his response to changes in the college bball landscape. He denied the CoC interview report. He does sound excited to compete as a strategist in the new era. He was bothered by Twitter/X and maybe other commentary regarding the transferring paladins. He unsurprisingly took full responsibility for the mediocre results this season. He shared an interesting story about how schools are recruiting the portal based largely on third party scouting data.

He was understandably vague about NIL for the most part. "Resources" was the code word. He did mention some big numbers coming out of SEC programs, to emphasize the challenge with retaining top players at the mid major level. Not really news but he seemed interested in both big school players wanting more PT and guys from low major D-I and D-II.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #86952  by Bootie
 Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:12 am
FUpaladin08 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:38 pm

CBR just continues to impress as the leader. I could listen to him talk basketball all day. Thanks for the content Dan!
Great stuff. When it feels like the sky is falling, CBR brings inspiration and hope.
Roundball, dornb, FU Hoopla and 1 others liked this
 #87051  by din23
 Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:25 pm
After watching that video, I agree with the rest of you - I'm pumped and ready for the 24-25 season! Anyone who doubts Bob's ability to lead us through this changing college landscape should watch the interview and bookmark it.
Roundball, QCGlue, MNORM and 1 others liked this
 #87056  by Hornets_nest
 Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:06 am
Listen to Bob all you want, coaches always say the right things. this past year, no team chemistry. Something was probably going on the locker room. Alex sat for games once again, afraid to shoot when he returned. Injured or not, Marcus was certainly on the don't give an eff train after he returned, obviously his mind was made up weeks before season end. Four really good players bolted, 3 of your starters for next year. Your veteran backcourt, gone. Granted, Carter is now a two time transfer, so not sure anything could be done there. He may not be happy anywhere. JP's parents just openly dogging the program during games in the parent seats. The team was not a team, far from it. Say what you want, Bob didn't handle the success well of the year before. Maybe he'll learn. But rather than riding that momentum from 2023, the team is worse now.