• Slawson and Bothwell in the rafters when the new arena opens!

#86389  by FUBeAR
 Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:27 am
purplehorse123 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:54 pm
The fact that they stayed at Furman for one more year really paid off for them. And they had a fairy tale ending to their collegiate careers.
Symbiosis…ain’t it beautiful!

#86400  by apaladin
 Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:35 pm
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:16 pm
In today’s world where loyalty is bought with money, these jerseys should be retired immediately when new Timmons is built. We were truly spoiled with two great players
Yes they were probably the last where things other than money mattered more to them. Two special players and people. They absolutely need their jersey’s retired asap.
dornb, QCGlue liked this
 #86406  by jesse174
 Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:53 pm
I find it very strange that there was so much discontent this year. Bothwell and Slawson stuck around an extra year to try and achieve their goals and Furmans goals...Instead of sticking around for next year our top guys walked out and that was shocking to me. Just thought we were a special school with special coaches and players that valued Furman and the degree. A Furman degree was special and our athletes and coaches were special. Somewhere along the way that seemed to disappear and I have no idea why...my best guess is lack of leadership and appreciation from the players...you follow the money..but that money will go away long before the great feeling of accomplishment will disappear..only my take..
 #86409  by apaladin
 Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:48 pm
Jesse losing changes everything including your mental state. When that happens most follow the money. Btw we are down to 9 scholarship players including 2 that have never played. So 7 players with any experience. Projected startng lineup averaged 35 ppg. Might need a little help.