• Carter Whitt is in

#86706  by FU Hoopla
 Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:35 pm
Whitt commits to Belmont, the same school that we have smoked the past 2 seasons
 #86715  by Roundball
 Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:17 pm
Carter is a hard worker and good team player. I hope he has a breakout year. Belmont is a great fit for his style of play.
 #86718  by Dins&Heels
 Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:19 pm
This is a fan forum. Are posts mildly critical of our team’s players not allowed without being deleted? Guess this is more of a forum for never ending “back in my day” ramblings referring to themselves in the 3rd person…typically condescending toward other posters.
 #86719  by Sad Din
 Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:31 pm
most of the mid-major offers go to DII players

How the Dins got a 4* from Wake Forest a few years ago is a minor sports miracle
 #86721  by Flagman
 Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:25 pm
Dins&Heels wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:19 pm
This is a fan forum. Are posts mildly critical of our team’s players not allowed without being deleted? Guess this is more of a forum for never ending “back in my day” ramblings referring to themselves in the 3rd person…typically condescending toward other posters.
Posts which specifically express derogative comments about individuals are unacceptable. I don't know what you have against Whitt, but he contributed much to Furman's success while he was here.
 #86729  by tya1
 Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:04 pm
Belmont also has four players in the portal, including their top three scorers - same as the Paladins.I think they are losing more cumulative points and rebounds than we are. One of them is also their star point guard - Jacobi Gillespie, who just committed to Maryland. Belmont does return a couple of experienced guards, including one - Keishawn Davidson - who averaged more points and assists than Whitt did for us and is also a better three point shooter. Whitt isn't moving into a surefire starting role.
 #86736  by FurmAlum
 Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:46 pm
I don't understand why Whitt would transfer knowing with the departure Pegues that he would probably be the starting point guard. I can understand why he might leave for more PT with Pegues still at FU.

Did he have a falling out with Coach R?
 #86737  by apaladin
 Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:35 pm
Sad Din wrote:

How the Dins got a 4* from Wake Forest a few years ago is a minor sports miracle
Don’t believe this is true. You may be confusing FU with the rest of the mid majors. For example Citadel has 3 transfers from PC, Vanderbilt, Notre Dame.
 #86738  by FU Hoopla
 Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:45 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:46 pm
I don't understand why Whitt would transfer knowing with the departure Pegues that he would probably be the starting point guard. I can understand why he might leave for more PT with Pegues still at FU.

Did he have a falling out with Coach R?
He was always going to be bench here, we would find someone better to start over him...

He was upset this year about playing time...
 #86739  by FU Hoopla
 Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:46 pm
tya1 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:04 pm
Belmont also has four players in the portal, including their top three scorers - same as the Paladins.I think they are losing more cumulative points and rebounds than we are. One of them is also their star point guard - Jacobi Gillespie, who just committed to Maryland. Belmont does return a couple of experienced guards, including one - Keishawn Davidson - who averaged more points and assists than Whitt did for us and is also a better three point shooter. Whitt isn't moving into a surefire starting role.
Davidson is gone, played 5 full years of college hoops

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... n-davidson
 #86772  by tya1
 Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:19 pm
Makes Whitt's decision more understandable. The current returning roster for Belmont averaged less than 2.5 assists per game this year. The whole team averaged over 15. They only return a couple of guys at guard .
 #86774  by tya1
 Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:56 pm
apaladin wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:35 pm
Sad Din wrote:

Don’t believe this is true. You may be confusing FU with the rest of the mid majors. For example Citadel has 3 transfers from PC, Vanderbilt, Notre Dame.
Samford had 7'0" Zach Loveday on the team this year. He was a 4 or 5 star recruit who transferred from Baylor. He was on their 2021 National Championship team and had about a dozen big time offers in HS. He averaged about 3 points per game for Samford this season and was beat out of the rotation by a freshman. He was 13th on the Samford squad in PT. Wesley Cardet, Jr, was a highly recruited guy who played for Samford two seasons ago and started many games but transferred out. He was okay for them but not a star.
Robby Carmody was a highly recruited guard who transferred from Notre Dame to Mercer this year. He played some for the Bears but is leaving again on the transfer portal.
apaladin liked this