• Carter Whitt is in

#86706  by FU Hoopla
 Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:35 pm
Whitt commits to Belmont, the same school that we have smoked the past 2 seasons
 #86715  by Roundball
 Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:17 pm
Carter is a hard worker and good team player. I hope he has a breakout year. Belmont is a great fit for his style of play.
 #86718  by Dins&Heels
 Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:19 pm
This is a fan forum. Are posts mildly critical of our team’s players not allowed without being deleted? Guess this is more of a forum for never ending “back in my day” ramblings referring to themselves in the 3rd person…typically condescending toward other posters.
 #86719  by Sad Din
 Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:31 pm
most of the mid-major offers go to DII players

How the Dins got a 4* from Wake Forest a few years ago is a minor sports miracle
 #86721  by Flagman
 Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:25 pm
Dins&Heels wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:19 pm
This is a fan forum. Are posts mildly critical of our team’s players not allowed without being deleted? Guess this is more of a forum for never ending “back in my day” ramblings referring to themselves in the 3rd person…typically condescending toward other posters.
Posts which specifically express derogative comments about individuals are unacceptable. I don't know what you have against Whitt, but he contributed much to Furman's success while he was here.
 #86729  by tya1
 Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:04 pm
Belmont also has four players in the portal, including their top three scorers - same as the Paladins.I think they are losing more cumulative points and rebounds than we are. One of them is also their star point guard - Jacobi Gillespie, who just committed to Maryland. Belmont does return a couple of experienced guards, including one - Keishawn Davidson - who averaged more points and assists than Whitt did for us and is also a better three point shooter. Whitt isn't moving into a surefire starting role.
 #86736  by FurmAlum
 Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:46 pm
I don't understand why Whitt would transfer knowing with the departure Pegues that he would probably be the starting point guard. I can understand why he might leave for more PT with Pegues still at FU.

Did he have a falling out with Coach R?
 #86737  by apaladin
 Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:35 pm
Sad Din wrote:

How the Dins got a 4* from Wake Forest a few years ago is a minor sports miracle
Don’t believe this is true. You may be confusing FU with the rest of the mid majors. For example Citadel has 3 transfers from PC, Vanderbilt, Notre Dame.
 #86738  by FU Hoopla
 Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:45 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:46 pm
I don't understand why Whitt would transfer knowing with the departure Pegues that he would probably be the starting point guard. I can understand why he might leave for more PT with Pegues still at FU.

Did he have a falling out with Coach R?
He was always going to be bench here, we would find someone better to start over him...

He was upset this year about playing time...
 #86739  by FU Hoopla
 Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:46 pm
tya1 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:04 pm
Belmont also has four players in the portal, including their top three scorers - same as the Paladins.I think they are losing more cumulative points and rebounds than we are. One of them is also their star point guard - Jacobi Gillespie, who just committed to Maryland. Belmont does return a couple of experienced guards, including one - Keishawn Davidson - who averaged more points and assists than Whitt did for us and is also a better three point shooter. Whitt isn't moving into a surefire starting role.
Davidson is gone, played 5 full years of college hoops

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... n-davidson
 #86772  by tya1
 Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:19 pm
Makes Whitt's decision more understandable. The current returning roster for Belmont averaged less than 2.5 assists per game this year. The whole team averaged over 15. They only return a couple of guys at guard .
 #86774  by tya1
 Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:56 pm
apaladin wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:35 pm
Sad Din wrote:

Don’t believe this is true. You may be confusing FU with the rest of the mid majors. For example Citadel has 3 transfers from PC, Vanderbilt, Notre Dame.
Samford had 7'0" Zach Loveday on the team this year. He was a 4 or 5 star recruit who transferred from Baylor. He was on their 2021 National Championship team and had about a dozen big time offers in HS. He averaged about 3 points per game for Samford this season and was beat out of the rotation by a freshman. He was 13th on the Samford squad in PT. Wesley Cardet, Jr, was a highly recruited guy who played for Samford two seasons ago and started many games but transferred out. He was okay for them but not a star.
Robby Carmody was a highly recruited guard who transferred from Notre Dame to Mercer this year. He played some for the Bears but is leaving again on the transfer portal.
apaladin liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar NFL DRAFT

by FUBeAR

Thu May 02, 2024 7:53 am

User avatar SOCON Landscape Next Year

by FU Hoopla

Thu May 02, 2024 6:32 am

User avatar Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy

by FUTex

Thu May 02, 2024 2:46 am

Default Avatar Off-season SOCON Transfer Tracker

by FurmanFan23

Wed May 01, 2024 10:46 pm

User avatar Ladies Close Tiimmons with a W

by apaladin

Wed May 01, 2024 8:19 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.