• Final Thoughts

#85903  by fu77fan
 Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:20 am
I believe the word that I would use to describe this team would be inconsistent.
IMHO we have two glaring weaknesses.
1.) No big man who plays consistently like a big man . I think Bowser will get better each year and will eventually fill this need.
2.) Too many players who cannot shoot in a game situation. How they shoot in practice does not count. We need another Jordan Lyons, someone who can fill it up.

-Pegues is a STUD.
-I believe Foster was hampered by his knee injury this year.
-Williams has more potential than shown so far.
-Smith plays hard.
-Others need to work on putting the ball in the basket.
Whitt- great game yesterday!

GO DINS
FurmanATT, dornb, QCGlue liked this
 #85908  by purplehorse123
 Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:11 pm
I think more talent in part helps smooth out the ups and downs. But like all sports it is a mental game. VanderWal, Hien, Hughey & Carter Whit at times just lost their confidence in shooting. No reason they can’t all get over that as Carter Whit did yesterday.
dornb liked this
 #85911  by Paladin91
 Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:27 pm
fu77fan wrote:
I believe the word that I would use to describe this team would be inconsistent.
1.) No big man who plays consistently like a big man . I think Bowser will get better each year and will eventually fill this need.
2.) Too many players who cannot shoot in a game situation. How they shoot in practice does not count. We need another Jordan Lyons, someone who can fill it up.

-Pegues is a STUD.
-Smith plays hard.

GO DINS
I wonder if Williams will be back next year. A lot of potential, but he and CBR seemed to have a not so pleasant discussion around the time he fouled out vs Samford - could see Coach just shaking his head. Not quite Jedi material, but he could be.
 #85926  by FurmAlum
 Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:02 pm
I really hope we do not lose any players to the transfer portal and everyone comes back next year. All returning players should be more physically mature and stronger with some work in the weight room and with some serious shooting practice, they should also be better. We would have a very old, mature, experienced team which in my opinion is the key to winning the SoCon and making the NCAA tournament.

With that being said if you add Bronson and Humphries to the 9 players that saw playing time this year that would be 11 players competing for PT which would make for a very competitive off season/pre season. I guess that would be good but once the season starts it's gonna be hard to find PT for 11 players. Although Sammy seemed to find a way to do it.

And that's assuming we don't add a big man in the transfer portal. I am optimistic that we can be much better next year with our current roster of players.
dornb liked this
 #85930  by dornb
 Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:21 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
I really hope we do not lose any players to the transfer portal and everyone comes back next year. All returning players should be more physically mature and stronger with some work in the weight room and with some serious shooting practice, they should also be better. We would have a very old, mature, experienced team which in my opinion is the key to winning the SoCon and making the NCAA tournament.

With that being said if you add Bronson and Humphries to the 9 players that saw playing time this year that would be 11 players competing for PT which would make for a very competitive off season/pre season. I guess that would be good but once the season starts it's gonna be hard to find PT for 11 players. Although Sammy seemed to find a way to do it.

And that's assuming we don't add a big man in the transfer portal. I am optimistic that we can be much better next year with our current roster of players.
If Bob uses this season's ending to motivate the team to work hard, as he did after the championship loss two years ago, we might see a similar improvement in our team next year. I sure hope so!
apaladin, gman84 liked this
 #85932  by fu77fan
 Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:31 am
We are not far away from getting to where we want to be.
Sammy was the most consistent team in the conference this year, and won the tournament. And we showed that we could play with them on 3 separate occasions.
dornb, QCGlue liked this
 #85938  by Affirm
 Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:04 am
dornb wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:21 pm
FurmAlum wrote:

If Bob uses this season's ending to motivate the team to work hard, as he did after the championship loss two years ago, we might see a similar improvement in our team next year. I sure hope so!
So do I !!!!!!!!
dornb liked this
 #85939  by Affirm
 Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:06 am
fu77fan wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:31 am
We are not far away from getting to where we want to be.
Sammy was the most consistent team in the conference this year, and won the tournament. And we showed that we could play with them on 3 separate occasions.
Good to read that!!!!!!!!!!
dornb liked this
 #85950  by Sad Din
 Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:35 pm
If ture, coach should be fired... wins before health... IMHO

#85953  by MNORM
 Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:15 pm
fu77fan wrote:

-Pegues is a STUD.
-Smith plays hard.

GO DINS
3) 2-3 players who step-up and provide consistent Leadership.
apaladin, dornb liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by Sad Din

Thu May 16, 2024 6:12 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Thu May 16, 2024 2:46 pm

User avatar 2024 opponents

by FUBeAR

Thu May 16, 2024 1:13 pm

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by FUBeAR

Thu May 16, 2024 11:35 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.