• Furman vs. Samford

#85892  by apaladin
 Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:00 am
purplehorse123 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:47 pm
Foster only played 21 minutes. I assume he hurt his knee as Roundball suggested.

I get it that if you never shoot nobody has to cover you. And I know CBR wants our weaker shooters to shoot some. And really nobody was hitting 3’s today.

BUT I wonder if we could have scored 7 more points on 6 possessions where 3’s were shot and missed by 3 of our non-shooters today.

Oh well. A team loss for sure. We had one player who brought his A game. It happens.
Marcus Foster went out with 12:28 left and never returned.
 #85893  by purplehorse123
 Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:23 am

That is a big blow because arguably he was one of our two best players this year.

Alex Williams did not quite have his shooting touch after he returned from his suspension.

Lots to improve on for numerous players. For some you would think it has to go upward.
apaladin liked this
 #85946  by MNORM
 Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:23 am
apaladin wrote:
purplehorse123 wrote:
Foster only played 21 minutes. I assume he hurt his knee as Roundball suggested.

I get it that if you never shoot nobody has to cover you. And I know CBR wants our weaker shooters to shoot some. And really nobody was hitting 3’s today.

BUT I wonder if we could have scored 7 more points on 6 possessions where 3’s were shot and missed by 3 of our non-shooters today.

Oh well. A team loss for sure. We had one player who brought his A game. It happens.
Did anyone else notice that when Foster came out at 12:28 (after getting his shot blocked), CBR was "instructing" him to move the ball. Marcus walked past CBR, barely acknowledging his existence. CBR then yells out to an emotionless Marcus and points at his head as if to tell him to get his head in the game. Marcus never returned to the game. I saw this in real time and have watched it many times on replay.

Personally, I believe there was more to it than a knee issue. We need a few guys to step up next season and fill leadership roles. I also believe we'll have more than one spot open for incoming transfers this offseason...possibly as many as three.
 #85954  by apaladin
 Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:02 pm
MNORM wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:23 am
apaladin wrote:
purplehorse123 wrote:

Did anyone else notice that when Foster came out at 12:28 (after getting his shot blocked), CBR was "instructing" him to move the ball. Marcus walked past CBR, barely acknowledging his existence. CBR then yells out to an emotionless Marcus and points at his head as if to tell him to get his head in the game. Marcus never returned to the game. I saw this in real time and have watched it many times on replay.

Personally, I believe there was more to it than a knee issue. We need a few guys to step up next season and fill leadership roles. I also believe we'll have more than one spot open for incoming transfers this offseason...possibly as many as three.
Went back and watched when MF left the game. That didn’t look good. However Foster was cheering on the sideline at the end. Telltale sign he wasn’t returning is when Whitt fouled out with 45 seconds left and a 2 possession game he put Hughey in instead of Foster. Hughey ends up missing a 3 that would have made it a one possession game. MF might have made that shot.

Recent Topics

User avatar Roster Rebuild

by FU Hoopla

Fri May 17, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by FU Hoopla

Fri May 17, 2024 11:27 pm

User avatar 100 DAYS

by apaladin

Fri May 17, 2024 10:28 pm

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by apaladin

Fri May 17, 2024 8:43 pm

User avatar The Future Home Of Furman Basketball

by FU Hoopla

Thu May 16, 2024 11:56 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.