• Carter Whitt

#85656  by RaleighDin
 Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:40 am
FurmanATT wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:22 am
NEPA wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:18 am
Whitt's playing time reminds me of last year's Joe Anderson's situation.
Sort of ironic that last season Whitt was a beneficiary of Joe's "situation." I think the world of Whitt, but I miss Joe. -- MD
MD - any insight you can provide into why every year there seems to be one or two players that we randomly move on from mid-season, and you just see them seem to lose all confidence?
 #85657  by Sad Din
 Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:50 am
RaleighDin wrote:
FurmanATT wrote:
NEPA wrote:
Sort of ironic that last season Whitt was a beneficiary of Joe's "situation." I think the world of Whitt, but I miss Joe. -- MD
MD - any insight you can provide into why every year there seems to be one or two players that we randomly move on from mid-season, and you just see them seem to lose all confidence?
Dins trying to win a tourney which they can if everyone is focussed and do what they should be doing at a high level

IMHO this includes fans. Whats a high level for fans? Being supportive and positive.

SD loves all the Dins players and think the world of them and want them all to come back next year. Carter W is a player with lots to offer, Heck he might be the tourney MVP

As fo r now...

Beat WCU!

PS

Pls leave the post season stuff to the post season. Thx
 #85666  by FurmanATT
 Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:57 pm
RaleighDin wrote:
FurmanATT wrote:
NEPA wrote:
No real insight, but Bob believes in his rotation. Hard decisions have to be made. I've always tried to balance my views with the perspective that, while I watch the games with interest, and I've covered a lot of basketball in my life, I don't see every player at every practice. I told Bob I thought he was too hard on himself. He doesn't hit the triples or make the turnovers. It's not his fault. It's his responsibility. Almost everyone in a position of leadership experiences this in one form or another. -- MD
 #85722  by Paladin68
 Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:17 pm
I feel sorry for Carter. I talked to him before the season and he was really excited about this year. I agree he hasn't shot well, but he is a great ball handler. He just doesn't look happy like he did when he was playing more. I'll keep pulling for him to get better.
 #85723  by Sad Din
 Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:27 pm
Paladin68 wrote:
I feel sorry for Carter. I talked to him before the season and he was really excited about this year. I agree he hasn't shot well, but he is a great ball handler. He just doesn't look happy like he did when he was playing more. I'll keep pulling for him to get better.
Not to anyone in particular, but imagine you've been working very hard your entire life to get a certain job and promotion. You are very very close to getting it and right before the decision and a big speech you have to give you start hearing people saying...
"Whats wrong with him?"
"Why hasnt he be working better?"
"I feel sorry for him"

How would that help you before the big speech?

just sayin'
Bootie liked this
 #85734  by RaleighDin
 Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:13 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:27 pm
Paladin68 wrote:
Not to anyone in particular, but imagine you've been working very hard your entire life to get a certain job and promotion. You are very very close to getting it and right before the decision and a big speech you have to give you start hearing people saying...
"Whats wrong with him?"
"Why hasnt he be working better?"
"I feel sorry for him"

How would that help you before the big speech?

just sayin'
Reread the OP, that's the purpose of this thread. Or at least the intended one - we need Carter Whitt on the court. Period.
jesse174 liked this
 #85735  by furpop16
 Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:22 pm
I'm pulling for him!
 #85737  by apaladin
 Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:15 pm
If FU wins the tourney I think they will be a 16 seed but avoid the playin game. If anyone else wins I think these are the probable seeds:
Samford -13
UNCG-15
UTC-16
WCU-15
WC-16
ETSU-16 playin game
Mercer-16 playin game
 #85738  by PaladinPower
 Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:16 pm
Furman would probably be closer to a 14 seed than a 16 seed especially considering all one bid conferences will not go chalk. KenPom and Net are still decent compared to many mid major teams despite the record.
 #85740  by Paul C
 Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:23 pm
apaladin wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:15 pm
If FU wins the tourney I think they will be a 16 seed but avoid the playin game. If anyone else wins I think these are the probable seeds:
Samford -13
UNCG-15
UTC-16
WCU-15
WC-16
ETSU-16 playin game
Mercer-16 playin game
Samford -12
UNCG-13
UTC-13
WCU-13
Furman - 15
WC-16
ETSU-16
Mercer-16

This is the highest the SoCon has ever been ranked in KenPom.
 #85741  by PaladinPower
 Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:27 pm
Hard to see FU not jumping close to 20 spots in the NET /metrics if they were to beat WCU, Sam, and UTC/UTC three straight days. If they are a 15, the 2 seed matched up with them will want to sue.
 #85789  by Sad Din
 Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:17 pm
beautiful play by Whitt. He saw his man step up and he went to the open spot. Luckily Pegues found him

dornb, QCGlue liked this
 #85799  by purplehorse123
 Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:28 am
Would have loved for Whitt to make the final shot and winning basket in regulation OR for Hien to make a FT. Maybe tomorrow against Sammy.
dornb, Davemeister liked this
 #85801  by Paladin91
 Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:35 am
Whitt came in when Hien fouled out. I think CBR realizes what an asset he can be. Whitt also played good defense on Tre Jackson late in the game.
dornb, FurmanATT, QCGlue liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Roster Rebuild

by apaladin

Fri May 17, 2024 12:21 am

User avatar The Future Home Of Furman Basketball

by FU Hoopla

Thu May 16, 2024 11:56 pm

User avatar Off-season SOCON Transfer Tracker

by FU Hoopla

Thu May 16, 2024 11:55 pm

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by FU Hoopla

Thu May 16, 2024 11:52 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Thu May 16, 2024 2:46 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.