• WCU (4) vs FU (5) - 3/9 (Sat.) at 8:30 pm

#85719  by furpop16
 Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:53 pm
Once you p*ss-off aPaladin, it's forever (he left his Pinto unlocked at the Greybeard trailhead back in '74 and lost his 8-track. He's never forgotten).
Roundball liked this
 #85725  by Bootie
 Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:37 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:28 pm
How do you all think?
I figure any distraction like that has to be at least some amount of bad for WCU, thus, good for us.
 #85728  by Sad Din
 Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:00 pm
apaladin wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:54 pm
Why would Gray want to take a step downward?
Ellis was making around 300K a coasal. Dont know what Gray is making at WCU.

Plus its the beach vs the mountains

On WCU board they are saying they lose a good bit of good players next year so Gray might leave just to avoid the drop off
 #85729  by tim
 Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:32 pm
Not sure how it would affect this game but I certainly prefer the WCU program without Justin Gray. Also, I recommend the chamber of commerce back parking lot for parking. It's free and a short walk. (Montford Ave I think)
 #85730  by Roundball
 Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:13 pm
tim wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:32 pm
Not sure how it would affect this game but I certainly prefer the WCU program without Justin Gray. Also, I recommend the chamber of commerce back parking lot for parking. It's free and a short walk. (Montford Ave I think)
I recall you making this recommendation last year. I took the advice and parked in that parking lot. It was a safe and easy walk to the arena.
 #85744  by Affirm
 Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:27 am
apaladin wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:54 pm
Why would Gray want to take a step downward?
IMHO, it would be a step UPWARD, even though I also think WCU is a fine program and a fine place to be HC.
Furthermore, I think WCU should be trying to keep and additionally support Justin Gray. Just not sure they can support him as well as CCU can.
By the way, is any school pursuing Coach Bob Richey at the moment? And is he still happy at Furman? Would he go to CCU if they doubled his present salary?
 #85752  by FUBeAR
 Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:00 pm
PaladinPower wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:56 pm
This is what Samford fans are about - classless and just praying for an injury because they are shaking in their boots.

“ Just arrived at the hotel. Of course Furman is staying at the same hotel as Sanford. I could go Tonya Harding on JP if y’all want . Haha”
Wow! FUBeAR knows that when it comes to Furman’s Talent, Samford fans doth greatly covet, but he didn’t think they wanted to go full Tonya Harding… live & learn…

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by Sad Din

Thu May 16, 2024 6:12 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Thu May 16, 2024 2:46 pm

User avatar 2024 opponents

by FUBeAR

Thu May 16, 2024 1:13 pm

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by FUBeAR

Thu May 16, 2024 11:35 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.