• WCU (4) vs FU (5) - 3/9 (Sat.) at 8:30 pm

#85570  by Sad Din
 Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:12 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:37 pm
Unless our team undergoes a complete mental makeover between now and then, we're one & done.
IMHO opinion, lots of pressure on these kids right now. CBR needs to simplify things and get them feeling good again

He might try putting in some "secret weapon" defensefor example. Dont remember the team but remember a few years back a team that played zone D all year and then came out man to man and won the game? Something like that

When shots fall this team can beat any one. Its a 3 game season, its a simple game, beleive in yourself, etc etc etc
 #85588  by Paladin91
 Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:53 pm
Every single one of our players, with the exception of PJ and Bowser, experienced the SOCON tournament last year. It's not foreign to them. They need to play team basketball and work to their individual strengths. Motivation shouldn't be an issue. If it is, there may be a broader problem with the team.
Sad Din, dornb liked this
 #85590  by apaladin
 Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:05 pm
IMHO I would have the following 5 players on the court together for most of the games. Pretty small but Foster is the leadng rebounder and Vanderwal is 6’7”. We have no inside game so just put the 5 best shooters/players on the court.
Pegues
Foster
Smith
Williams
Vanderwal
 #85668  by Paladin91
 Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:08 am
Everyone please make an effort to support the team in Asheville on Saturday. If you're in Greenville, there's no excuse not to be there. I'll be traveling up from ATL. Just remember, Asheville is in WCU's backyard so they will have a very large contingent/home field advantage.
QCGlue liked this
 #85678  by furpop16
 Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:50 am
While we're sharing the community crack-pipe, I'd offer that if we can then eek-out a first-round win, we'd be primed to make a noticeably deep run in the NCAA. I remember CBR saying he wished he'd crowded the lanes & rim against SDSU and "dared them" to shoot 3's. They might've killed us had they been hot, but if they started throwing deep bricks we ultimately might've unnerved 'em. With his shakedown year behind him, I'd love to see CBR get a chance to exercise that kind of creative thinking.
 #85684  by apaladin
 Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:01 pm
GOAT wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:30 am
Furman beats WCU by 8.
Furman beats Samford by 2 in double overtime.
Furman beats UTC by 6.

Socon Champs. Take it to the bank.
Are the meds you are on prescription or over the counter? :lol:

Recent Topics

User avatar Roster Rebuild

by apaladin

Fri May 17, 2024 12:21 am

User avatar The Future Home Of Furman Basketball

by FU Hoopla

Thu May 16, 2024 11:56 pm

User avatar Off-season SOCON Transfer Tracker

by FU Hoopla

Thu May 16, 2024 11:55 pm

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by FU Hoopla

Thu May 16, 2024 11:52 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Thu May 16, 2024 2:46 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.