• WCU (4) vs FU (5) - 3/9 (Sat.) at 8:30 pm

#85792  by furman86
 Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:30 pm
Gritty win is right. Great team character and great coaching on display.

I know we each have a different experience, but I sat near some pretty decent WCU fans. They do exist. Never showed out once. Made the game even better.

Sure hope Hein and Foster return next year.
furpop16, dornb liked this
 #85794  by purplehorse123
 Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:40 pm
We did not play stellar ball the last 10 minutes of the game but we persevered and gutted it out and found a way to win. I think the experience of winning 5 of our last 6 tournament games helped us.

Kudos to Alex Williams on his defense on the next to last possession against Woolbright.

QUESTION-In OT, instead of giving away the jump -ball, why not let Bowser jump, and then sub him out as soon as you can if you want to. Why give away an important possession when the # of possessions is so few?
FurmAlum, dornb liked this
 #85795  by purplehorse123
 Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:47 pm
gofurman wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:59 pm
Great win

I saw second half and OT

But dam. How many missed FTs late. Hien 0-3. Williams ? 1-2. Missed last layup by Whitt in regulation. We tried to give it away. Can’t miss that many FTs at end of game. Hien with an air ball FT? No one wanted to be on FT line and be clutch
Hien is not a good FT shooter. Williams should not miss front and of one and one. Whitt’s last shot would have been great if it had gone but not an easy shot.

Just glad we won!
 #85802  by apaladin
 Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:22 am
furman86 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:30 pm
Gritty win is right. Great team character and great coaching on display.

I know we each have a different experience, but I sat near some pretty decent WCU fans. They do exist. Never showed out once. Made the game even better.

Sure hope Hein and Foster return next year.
I do not think either have graduated or will graduate as we did not honor any seniors the last home game. I am more worried about Pegues leaving but lets talk about all that after the season is over.
Roundball, dornb liked this
 #85812  by cavedweller2
 Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:46 am
Survive and Advance.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by Sad Din

Thu May 16, 2024 6:12 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Thu May 16, 2024 2:46 pm

User avatar 2024 opponents

by FUBeAR

Thu May 16, 2024 1:13 pm

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by FUBeAR

Thu May 16, 2024 11:35 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.