• Mercer @ Furman, 3/2

#85606  by FU3
 Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:50 am
CBR hasn’t changed his approach to analytics during his tenure and is 155-67 doing it his way. Don’t know why this group has underperformed to date but I don’t believe this is in anyway the issue.
din23 liked this
 #85608  by cavedweller2
 Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:18 am
I think Bob Jones girls somehow affected our play. They have an impact like the fun girls from Mt Pilot.
furpop16, FUBeAR liked this
 #85609  by furpop16
 Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:14 am
cavedweller2 wrote:
I think Bob Jones girls somehow affected our play. They have an impact like the fun girls from Mt Pilot.

This team certainly gives the appearance of being under a spell. Those fellas over in General Idiocy are having a time with the legend of the o’possum. Perhaps a sacrifice is in order?
 #85611  by Paladin91
 Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:26 am
tim wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:46 am
Coach Richey talks in statistics more than any basketball coach I have ever heard. It's all about deflections, to/assists ratios, certain players are a 1.24 etc. This isn't a criticism but I can't help wondering if we are losing the team in all that?
Tim, my thoughts were along the same line. You can look at statistics all day long, and they do tell a story, but rather than singling out who's performing/underperforming, let's focus on performance as a team/unit. Sometimes the ball won't fall your way on a rebound, etc...that doesn't mean you're not a good rebounder.
 #85612  by Paladin91
 Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:32 am
One thing I thought was interesting in the recent PC was that CBR was mentioning the redshirt freshmen. He said that he'd play Bronson 20 minutes now if he could, that he's that good. After Foster was injured and people were discussing the possibility of lifting the redshirt on Bronson to help with shooting, I believe CBR stated that he wasn't ready or something to that effect. Has Bronson developed that much in two months?
 #85613  by Sad Din
 Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:29 pm
SD is no expert but was trying to understand the difference between good and not good defense

Compared the Woofy game vs Merc game. IMHO the difference is very small

Seems like in the Woofy game, Dins were alot more active with hands. They were up on the player more and anticipated passes more and got tips.

In Merc game, some players were playing a softer man to man and were out of position after some screens

In Merc game there were a couple times where the mo changed back to Dins but breakdowns gave it right back to Merc. The long throw in to Mccary was one. In fact, he went on a tear after that point

Also when the other team has a good shooting 3 or 4, thats a problem for the Dins. Becuase Dins 3 is always cheating towards the basket to help with D or rebounding. In Merc game, it left a player open for the 3.

Also noticed that the ole 1-3-1 D hasnt been used in the last few games. That was always a secret weapon. CBR leaving it off the tape so teams dont practiice and then setting it up for the conference?

SD still beleives Dins can win it all. Would be happy with 1st round W and matchup vs Sammy. IMHO Dins can take Sammy is they get by WCU
 #85619  by cavedweller2
 Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:44 pm
furpop16 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:14 am
cavedweller2 wrote:

This team certainly gives the appearance of being under a spell. Those fellas over in General Idiocy are having a time with the legend of the o’possum. Perhaps a sacrifice is in order?
No. No Sacrifice. The mojo created would be too much to contain. I shudder to think about the consequences.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by Affirm

Fri May 17, 2024 2:49 pm

User avatar Roster Rebuild

by apaladin

Fri May 17, 2024 12:21 am

User avatar The Future Home Of Furman Basketball

by FU Hoopla

Thu May 16, 2024 11:56 pm

User avatar Off-season SOCON Transfer Tracker

by FU Hoopla

Thu May 16, 2024 11:55 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Thu May 16, 2024 2:46 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.