• Coach Richey on Bowser

#85378  by Jasper
 Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:00 pm
I don’t recall seeing Bowser making one solo offensive move this year. He scores some on alley pop dunks and an occasional put back but no pure offensive moves. I have watched a lot of big men who were not as athletic as Cooper develope some basic inside loves like a jump hook or reverse spin to the hoop that makes them somewhat dangerous. Why is he not developing at this stage of the year? Slawson was a defensive force from the get go and had to develope his offensive skills as he went along. He did so each year. I would like to see some evidence of that progress. He needs to spend the summer at Rucker Park in Harlem. 😃
 #85382  by apaladin
 Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:04 am
Jasper wrote:
I don’t recall seeing Bowser making one solo offensive move this year. He scores some on alley pop dunks and an occasional put back but no pure offensive moves. I have watched a lot of big men who were not as athletic as Cooper develope some basic inside loves like a jump hook or reverse spin to the hoop that makes them somewhat dangerous. Why is he not developing at this stage of the year? Slawson was a defensive force from the get go and had to develope his offensive skills as he went along. He did so each year. I would like to see some evidence of that progress. He needs to spend the summer at Rucker Park in Harlem. 😃
I have been saying the same thing. I don’t recall anything but dunks and putbacks, definitely needs to develop some sort of shot. He needs to put on at least 30 pounds and get stonger. Many times people get the ball from him after he gets the rebound. Lots of potential.
 #85392  by Jasper
 Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:55 am
apaladin wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:04 am
Jasper wrote:
I don’t recall seeing Bowser making one solo offensive move this year. He scores some on alley pop dunks and an occasional put back but no pure offensive moves. I have watched a lot of big men who were not as athletic as Cooper develope some basic inside moves like a jump hook or reverse spin to the hoop that makes them somewhat dangerous. Why is he not developing at this stage of the year? Slawson was a defensive force from the get go and had to develope his offensive skills as he went along. He did so each year. I would like to see some evidence of that progress. He needs to spend the summer at Rucker Park in Harlem. 😃
I have been saying the same thing. I don’t recall anything but dunks and putbacks, definitely needs to develop some sort of shot. He needs to put on at least 30 pounds and get stonger. Many times people get the ball from him after he gets the rebound. Lots of potential.
 #85393  by Sad Din
 Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:02 pm
Looks like he has a scoring game. Just not using at the moment. He is a good shooter... u can tell when he shoots FTs

#85398  by apaladin
 Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:38 pm
Yep, still don’t see much around the basket. In that video he gets bumped and moved easily. Like I said at least 30 more pounds needed for his size frame. You can see the potential he has for sure.
 #85399  by Paul C
 Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:52 pm
Jasper wrote:
Slawson was a defensive force from the get go and had to develope his offensive skills as he went along. He did so each year. I would like to see some evidence of that progress. He needs to spend the summer at Rucker Park in Harlem. 😃
I don't think Slaw was good at ANYTHING as a Fr.....he's model of development over his years in the program.

If Bowser follows the same trajectory he will be really really good.
MNORM liked this
 #85401  by PaladinPower
 Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:15 pm
apaladin wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:38 pm
Yep, still don’t see much around the basket. In that video he gets bumped and moved easily. Like I said at least 30 more pounds needed for his size frame. You can see the potential he has for sure.
Chet Holmgren is two inches taller and weighs almost 10 pounds less than Bowser. Not every center has to be Shaq.
Jasper liked this
 #85402  by FurmanFan23
 Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:27 pm
Yes but Chet has an outside game unlike bowser who had just had easy put back and ally oop dunks. Him rim protection alone is vital but I have yet to see anything on the offensive side. As of right now he is only a defensive player
Jasper liked this
 #85404  by PaladinPower
 Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:41 pm
He’s 18 years old. He’s going to develop his offensive game as practically every Furman player has. All I was saying is he doesn’t need to be 250 pounds to be good at basketball like some suggest. I’m sure Aldred will have him looking better every year - look at AW’s transformation.
 #85410  by Jasper
 Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:00 pm
Paul C wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:52 pm
Jasper wrote:
Slawson was a defensive force from the get go and had to develope his offensive skills as he went along. He did so each year. I would like to see some evidence of that progress. He needs to spend the summer at Rucker Park in Harlem. 😃
I don't think Slaw was good at ANYTHING as a Fr.....he's model of development over his years in the program.

If Bowser follows the same trajectory he will be really really good.
If you don’t think that Slawson was a good defensive play from the gitgo you need to start paying attention. He was blocking shots right out the gate. He developed into a fine offensive player because he first learned some inside moves. I sure hope Cooper is on that path. I just haven’t seen it as yet. Are you saying you have?
 #85423  by FUBF24
 Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:58 pm
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Yes but Chet has an outside game unlike bowser who had just had easy put back and ally oop dunks. Him rim protection alone is vital but I have yet to see anything on the offensive side. As of right now he is only a defensive player
I've seen him drain threes before... guy can shoot
tim liked this
 #85460  by Jasper
 Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:57 pm
FUBF24 wrote:
FurmanFan23 wrote:
You have seen him shoot 3’s in a game? When?
 #85478  by FUBF24
 Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:12 pm
Jasper wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:57 pm
FUBF24 wrote:
FurmanFan23 wrote:
You have seen him shoot 3’s in a game? When?
Never during a game, but during shootarounds and practice. He has a funny release but his shot has looked clean

Recent Topics

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by FU Hoopla

Fri May 17, 2024 7:23 pm

User avatar Roster Rebuild

by FU Hoopla

Fri May 17, 2024 7:22 pm

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by Flagman

Fri May 17, 2024 6:51 pm

User avatar The Future Home Of Furman Basketball

by FU Hoopla

Thu May 16, 2024 11:56 pm

User avatar Off-season SOCON Transfer Tracker

by FU Hoopla

Thu May 16, 2024 11:55 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.