• Coach Richey on Bowser

#85488  by Jasper
 Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:38 am
Glad to hear that he appears to have a touch in practice. I am afraid there is a big difference between shooting 3's in the driveway and in a live game in front of 1000's of people. I just want to see him make a standard offensive move for a big. e.g. the jump hook that is so basic. As several other posters have said all we have seen is a few dunks and putbacks. We simply have two many guys on the court who dont even look for a shot. A team stops Peques, we lose. Simple.
 #85497  by Paladin91
 Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:18 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:03 pm
He had a jumper from close to the foul line last night once he realized how open he was. Nothing but net. 8-)
Bowser has a nice soft touch when shooting the ball. That was a nice little shot he made - those are often open for both himself and Hien. For whatever reason, they seldom take them. I know CBR likes the 3's, but an easy 50-60% shot from the foul line should be taken if open.
 #85498  by tim
 Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:30 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
He had a jumper from close to the foul line last night once he realized how open he was. Nothing but net. 8-)
That was a nice shot. He does well at the line also. I cringe when the other two go to the line. The other two usually don't combine for 10 points total. Bowser had 8 points in 16 minutes. We were beat at points in the paint also. I think Woolbright needs less attention with him in the game.
 #85500  by cavedweller2
 Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:14 pm
His shot seems to come out a little low for a tall guy. Almost seems he is releasing it at shoulder level.
 #85503  by Sad Din
 Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:12 pm
SD believes that, in new college sports world with things like rampant transfers, innocent comments that can be taken as criticism especailly for the younger players, should be avoided if possible

we all know its done with massive love and respect for players but it may not be taken that way

just sayin'
 #85505  by cavedweller2
 Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:28 pm
I say turn him loose. Like someone said 25 minutes plus a game.
QCGlue liked this
 #85506  by Jasper
 Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:22 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
That is good that he took and made an open 8 ft. Jump shot but it hardly qualifies as an offensive move. He has decent hands and appears athletic enough. What he doesn’t have is basketball experience. He needs t be taught that either in the playground or by the coaching staff. That does not appear to be the case. This is division one college basketball. I just can’t get excited about making a wide open 8 footer. Get Rafferty back here this summer. He had great inside moves.
 #85507  by cavedweller2
 Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:32 pm
I may be mistaken but I seem to recall him canning a jumper between the foul line and 3 point line. I may be wrong. I have been before. I say turn on the inner Henry Steele in him and Whitt. We are 16-14. Time to flip the script. Go Loverboy and Turn them loose.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by Sad Din

Thu May 16, 2024 6:12 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Thu May 16, 2024 2:46 pm

User avatar 2024 opponents

by FUBeAR

Thu May 16, 2024 1:13 pm

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by FUBeAR

Thu May 16, 2024 11:35 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.