• SOCON Tournament Seed

#85310  by apaladin
 Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:51 pm
If the loss at Mercer and last Wednesday had went our way we would be sitting alone in second a game out of first. Even if one had went our way we would be tied for second. Oh well! Good win today, good to have AW back. Thought he played hard.
 #85311  by stonemd
 Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:58 pm
If Furman finished #4 or #5

Most likely first opponent would be Western

Would be Wofford if
Wofford beats Samford and VMI
And WCU loses at least one

Wofford wins at least 1 game
And WCU loses both
 #85312  by stonemd
 Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:11 pm
My bracketology

#8 ETSU v #9 Citadel
#1 Samford v winner of above

#4 Furman v #5 WCU

#10 VMI v #7 Mercer
#2 UNCG v winner of above

#3 UTC v #6 Wofford
Last edited by stonemd on Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #85313  by saltyshaker
 Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:33 pm
furman can be no lower than a #4 seed which is where i'd like to be.i want to match up with samford on sunday.with both chattanooga and uncg losing today,hoping neither one of those falls beneath us in the last two games.the team to watch out for is mercer.they are quite hot.hope they do not displace either wofford or wcu in the top 6.hope they finish 7th,beat vmi and then give samford all they can handle on saturday.
MidlandsPaladin liked this
 #85316  by Paladin91
 Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:57 pm
For whatever reason, I think Mercer matches up well against Samford. They are hot and I think could upset Samford in Round 2 - that would be nice. We owe Mercer some payback after the poor performance we had in Macon.
 #85319  by apaladin
 Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:19 pm
FU can finish #5 but still same bracket. ETSU has a good shot at the #7 seed as MU finishes the season at UTC and at FU, ETSU has at Citadel and uncg at home. ETSU holds the tiebreaker over MU as they won both games.
 #85321  by tim
 Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:06 am
Agree, Mercer is not a team you want to see in the tourney. Good tourney prep for Furman though in the last game.
 #85335  by Flagman
 Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:39 pm
Despite the outcome at Samford, Furman is playing its best basketball of the season. We are right we’re we want to be; playing our best basketball at tournament time. I wouldn’t want to play us in the tournament.
furpop16, apaladin, dornb liked this
 #85336  by Paladin91
 Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:30 pm
We really need to keep up the improved defense in the tournament - we can ill afford to have some of the lazy defensive efforts we’ve seen throughout the year. We have the 9th worst team defense in the conference, allowing 75.1 pts/game.
 #85338  by PaladinPower
 Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:30 am
Paladin91 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:30 pm
We really need to keep up the improved defense in the tournament - we can ill afford to have some of the lazy defensive efforts we’ve seen throughout the year. We have the 9th worst team defense in the conference, allowing 75.1 pts/game.
In conference game only stats, Furman is 4th in team defense allowing 71.1 points. The leader, WCU allows 70.1.

Also side note - really think Mercer drops the next two @UTC and @FU. If ETSU can win at The Citadel, that would give Mercer the 8th seed in their tie breaker. Nightmare bracket for Samford if Furman stays at 4.
KingPaladin liked this
 #85344  by KingPaladin
 Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:29 am
We need the 4 or 5. I don't feel comfortable being the 3 with a potential UNCG matchup. Hopefully Chatt doesn't slip up against Western. Even better if Wofford can get into the 5 seed instead of WCU
DoomedDin1127 liked this
 #85354  by stonemd
 Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:38 pm
So if we’d rather be 4 or 5
And would prefer to face Wofford in the opening round

Wednesday cheer for

Furman win at WCU (of course)
Wofford to beat Samford at home
Mercer to lose at Chat
KingPaladin liked this
 #85360  by tya1
 Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:30 pm
I don't intend to worry about our opponents in the SoCon tournament. We can beat any team in the league, and we can lose to any team we are likely to play. I expect all rounds of the tournament to be a challenge that requires us to play at a high level. We can not overlook anyone. VMI is probably the weakest team and we are not going to play them in our first game. Probably not going to play them in our second game either. They would probably have to upset Samford to make it to the semifinals.
hypercycloid, din23, dornb liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by Sad Din

Thu May 16, 2024 6:12 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Thu May 16, 2024 2:46 pm

User avatar 2024 opponents

by FUBeAR

Thu May 16, 2024 1:13 pm

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by FUBeAR

Thu May 16, 2024 11:35 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.