• Chattanooga @ Furman, 2/18

#85040  by Bootie
 Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:45 am
ESPN says 52/48 Mocs. It’s gonna be fun!

Only 3 home games remain in the original Timmons!!
Roundball, dornb liked this
 #85054  by apaladin
 Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:07 pm
FU favored by 2.5 points. 😳With Samford’s loss at Mercer today both have a lot to play for. UTC can get within a game of first place Samford with a win and FU with a win can be a game ahead of WC and WCU and within a game of second place UNCG and UTC which would be tied. Ticket site shows 3 single tickets left, of course they will sell SRO.
furpop16 liked this
 #85067  by Paul C
 Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:12 pm
After a slow start great half except for we need to KEEP OUR MOUTHS SHUT

Should never get a T for talking trash up 20. That’s terrible.
bj93, dornb, Jasper and 1 others liked this
 #85068  by furmandad
 Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:35 pm
I absolutely agree Paul, though I suspect on at least one of those T’s the refs saw “the 2nd punch.” We have to keep cool heads. Note: This is our 2nd game against Chatt where their #77 is at the center of shoving, pushing, cheap shots, flops and trash talk.
 #85069  by Sad Din
 Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:11 pm
Great satisfying W. Played like Dins of old.

Vandy reminds SD of Mounce sometimes

On to Sammy!
QCGlue liked this
 #85070  by apaladin
 Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:44 pm
After the first 8 minutes probably the best we’ve played all year on both ends. The win assures the Paladins will not have to play on Friday.Second place is still possibe but a long shot at best. Another great crowd and atmosphere except students were pretty much a no show, worst student crowd of the year.
Last edited by apaladin on Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Davemeister liked this
 #85071  by Roundball
 Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:45 pm
furmandad wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:35 pm
I absolutely agree Paul, though I suspect on at least one of those T’s the refs saw “the 2nd punch.” We have to keep cool heads. Note: This is our 2nd game against Chatt where their #77 is at the center of shoving, pushing, cheap shots, flops and trash talk.
Their coach and players baited us with the trash talk, but we don’t have to respond. That said, I liked our fire and physical play today, Great win.
 #85072  by Paul C
 Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:36 pm
This one felt good. Really liked how we responded when they went on that 13-2 run mid 2H….we were cool, calm and collected and got big threes from Foster, Hughes and JP to stem the run.

Hate to say this but I feel like our offense flows better without Alex W. Hoping this episode teaches him something and when he comes back he can contribute within the O….
 #85073  by Jasper
 Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:00 pm
Paul C wrote:

Coach should hand out T shirts with STFU printed boldly on them. It’s incredibly stupid and classless.
QCGlue liked this
 #85074  by Sad Din
 Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:08 pm
Jasper wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:00 pm
Paul C wrote:

Coach should hand out T shirts with STFU printed boldly on them. It’s incredibly stupid and classless.
Suppose these refs never ref'd a P5 game where trash talk is the norm.
 #85075  by Jasper
 Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:16 pm
Paul C wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:36 pm
This one felt good. Really liked how we responded when they went on that 13-2 run mid 2H….we were cool, calm and collected and got big threes from Foster, Hughes and JP to stem the run.

Hate to say this but I feel like our offense flows better without Alex W. Hoping this episode teaches him something and when he comes back he can contribute within the O….
Very good observation. Alex does not run the court well. May be a lingering injury. What he does very well is catch and shoot the 3. I would much rather see him in the corner spot for the kick out off the drive rather than on top with the ball. He is a very good pure shooter but not necessarily a good creator. Our defense today is what made the big difference. We challenged every psss. That is 186.7 % effort. Keep that up and we can surprise a lot of people in Asheville. Whitt and Bowers need to play more. Give the big kid a little Jabbar jump hook and he would be dangerous. He has perfected the alley oop slam. Let’s go to page 2 of the manual. :D
furpop16 liked this