• Furman at ETSU, 2/10

#84893  by Dins&Heels
 Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:37 pm
Damn we need a really good big from the portal for next season, just someone who can bang. Think it will be hard getting a quality transfer with our arena situation?

Wish our offense would find a way to feature Hughey a little more.

I think from what I’ve seen from HS tape and CBR preseason comments, Bronson is going to be really good. Talented and has that Bothwell/Pegues confidence/dawg mentality.
 #84894  by jesse174
 Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:40 pm
just getting worse and worse...like this is a totally different team than earlier...no chance here and may not win for a while
 #84896  by purplehorse123
 Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:48 pm
Paladin91 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:37 pm
Frustrating watching ETSU pull rebounds right over our smaller guys. Need more height on this team. Boxing out only gets you so far.
They do that over our big guys too. Our big guys are always trying to tap the ball, reaching over people etc.

So far I would say the biggest story of the season for us has been “NO INSIDE PRESENCE”.
 #84898  by Dins&Heels
 Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:48 pm
Fuonetime wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:47 pm
Nice block my Bowser. Keep him rest of the game.
Agreed, get him as many minutes as possible this season.
 #84899  by jesse174
 Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:49 pm
Dins&Heels wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:37 pm
Damn we need a really good big from the portal for next season, just someone who can bang. Think it will be hard getting a quality transfer with our arena situation?

Wish our offense would find a way to feature Hughey a little more.

I think from what I’ve seen from HS tape and CBR preseason comments, Bronson is going to be really good. Talented and has that Bothwell/Pegues confidence/dawg mentality.
sure hope you are right...we need players badly to rebuild this group
 #84903  by MidlandsPaladin
 Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:13 pm
Snatched victory from the jaws of defeat but I’ll take it! Bowser was big down the stretch. Now sixth and we hold the tiebreaker against #7. Bellhops hanging with Woffy - gotta hope they pull it out.
dornb liked this
 #84904  by Paladin91
 Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:22 pm
Nice finish. Kudos to the team for battling late and not giving up. Great defense late. Bowser made a very nice impact down low. And what can you say about Pegues - winner. Also thought Hughey played a good game and Vanderwal played nice defense. CBR didn’t look well on the sideline. Hope he gets some rest.
furpop16, dornb liked this
 #84905  by FUBF24
 Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:22 pm
Sooo happy we won that, needed the win and the entire team stepped up when it mattered. Notice how Bowser was on the court when we started to come back?
dornb liked this
 #84906  by FU3
 Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:28 pm
So impressed with the effort tonight.The athletes at Furman are a very tight knit group and they had to deal with the absolutely tragic loss of one of their brothers and then go play a basketball game. They could have easily mailed this one in but they kept working even when they were down double digits late.
dornb, Paladin91, MNORM and 1 others liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by Sad Din

Thu May 16, 2024 6:12 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Thu May 16, 2024 2:46 pm

User avatar 2024 opponents

by FUBeAR

Thu May 16, 2024 1:13 pm

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by FUBeAR

Thu May 16, 2024 11:35 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.