• Furman at ETSU, 2/10

#84926  by tya1
 Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:18 am
Paul C wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:22 pm
Great rally at the end. Glad the team didn’t give up like some of us.
Got to admit, I was feeling a little down after they built that 11 point lead with 7 minutes left. We have had a pattern in some games this year of falling behind in the mid second half and struggling to overcome a late deficit. We made the plays yesterday to complete the comeback.

Big win. We, Wofford, and WCU are now all 7-5 in conference and currently filling in the final three spots with the first round bye. ETSU is 2 games back at 5-7, and Mercer is 4-8. We also swept the home and away with ETSU and have the tiebreaker.
 #84927  by FurmanATT
 Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:34 am
apaladin wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:52 pm
FurmanATT wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:00 pm
I would have enjoyed the game much more if I had just been watching impassively, such as in the Clemson and USC games earlier in the day. I wanted the Tigers and Cocks to win, but it wasn't such a big deal. This one the Paladins had to have, and they got it. -- MD
#Paladins track down Bucs.
https://wellpilgrim.wordpress.com/2024/ ... nson-city/
I’m just the opposite Monte. My second favorite team is who is playing CU. My third favorite team is who is playing SC. Btw USC didn’t play until tonight, they were playing Stanford. :lol:
In 49 states, Carolina is UNC. In 49 states, USC is in Los Angeles. I'm from the other. -- MD
Roundball, apaladin, dornb liked this
 #84929  by cavedweller2
 Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:35 pm
Gutsy win. Great job. Bowser played well down the stretch. Executed a text book pick and roll for a slam that had Joe Small and Louie Golden high fivin in heaven.
 #84930  by apaladin
 Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:48 pm
After falling behind with 7 to go FU hit 12 straight shots. Who would have ever thunk it.
 #84932  by purplehorse123
 Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:43 pm
apaladin wrote:
After falling behind with 7 to go FU hit 12 straight shots. Who would have ever thunk it.
Slightly earlier the TV showed that we had made 10 shots in a row. I thought that had to be a mistake. I obviously was wrong. 12 of last 13 shots will win a lot of games.
 #84933  by Paul C
 Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:56 pm
tya1 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:18 am
Paul C wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:22 pm
Great rally at the end. Glad the team didn’t give up like some of us.
Got to admit, I was feeling a little down after they built that 11 point lead with 7 minutes left.
Oh yeah, I was close to giving up too....it was an ugly first 13 min of 2H
 #84943  by Davemeister
 Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:41 am
apaladin wrote:

We was due.
 #84945  by Roundball
 Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:13 am
KingPaladin wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:53 am
Our offense should be more pick and rolls
I love a pick and roll too, but the refs sure look for ways to call a foul when it takes place.
 #84949  by fupaladin01
 Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:05 pm
Made the beautiful (if rainy) drive to Johnson city with 2 pals to watch our guys. I like their arena and their fans are... spirited. They do a good job with crowd engagement and the band is a big presence. (The gatling gun-style tee shirt canon is my favorite)

Game thoughs: loved our hustle most of the game- still a little hesitation on some to shoot open outside shots, but loved that we're getting inside more and the big men are playing better D. If not for FU fouling so much, ETSU may have only had 15 first half points. 4-5 PHENOMINAL passes by Carter Whitt. Bowser made big strides. ETSU is not a particularly good team and had a bad shooting first half. We had our usual lull in the 2nd half but kept battling and pulled it out. ETSU had a moment of silence for Bryce before the game which was a kind gesture.

Food recommendation: Southern Craft BBQ was awesome. Smokey flavor, lots of delicious side choices, affordable, and a good atmosphere. Can't wait to go back in November for football!
dornb, QCGlue liked this
 #84950  by FUBF24
 Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:31 pm
fupaladin01 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:05 pm
Made the beautiful (if rainy) drive to Johnson city with 2 pals to watch our guys. I like their arena and their fans are... spirited. They do a good job with crowd engagement and the band is a big presence. (The gatling gun-style tee shirt canon is my favorite)

Game thoughs: loved our hustle most of the game- still a little hesitation on some to shoot open outside shots, but loved that we're getting inside more and the big men are playing better D. If not for FU fouling so much, ETSU may have only had 15 first half points. 4-5 PHENOMINAL passes by Carter Whitt. Bowser made big strides. ETSU is not a particularly good team and had a bad shooting first half. We had our usual lull in the 2nd half but kept battling and pulled it out. ETSU had a moment of silence for Bryce before the game which was a kind gesture.

Food recommendation: Southern Craft BBQ was awesome. Smokey flavor, lots of delicious side choices, affordable, and a good atmosphere. Can't wait to go back in November for football!
Good to see. I've always liked ETSU fans, they seem to have a good sense of sportsmanship.

Recent Topics

User avatar Roster Rebuild

by apaladin

Fri May 17, 2024 12:21 am

User avatar The Future Home Of Furman Basketball

by FU Hoopla

Thu May 16, 2024 11:56 pm

User avatar Off-season SOCON Transfer Tracker

by FU Hoopla

Thu May 16, 2024 11:55 pm

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by FU Hoopla

Thu May 16, 2024 11:52 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Thu May 16, 2024 2:46 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.