• Furman at Mercer, 2/7

#84783  by Paul C
 Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:52 pm
This is terrible.

This team doesn’t have it.

I though we got our mojo back a few weeks ago but we lost it…

Next year….
 #84784  by furpop16
 Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:53 pm
Who are the guys wearing FU uniforms and what have they done with our team ?!?
dornb liked this
 #84785  by Paul C
 Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:57 pm
Too many individuals trying to do too much on their own. No team chemistry.

Too many defensive lapses.

Too many sloppy or lazy passes.

Can’t shoot consistently from deep.

That about covers it.
dornb liked this
 #84788  by Paladin91
 Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:01 pm
Just a horrible effort tonight. Defense in second half has been pathetic. Offense even worse. Horrible on the boards - CBR often says it’s poor boxing out but it’s more often than not that we are outsized down low.
 #84790  by El Guapo
 Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:06 pm
I can accept losing but losing while playing well beneath our potential is tough to swallow.
dornb liked this
 #84791  by Paladin83
 Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:06 pm
At full strength, this team would appear to have a lot of potential. Unfortunately, we rarely see it produce results. I was proud of the team in losing effort against UNCG. Tonight has been another head scratching performance against a bad team. Teams continue to expose our defense and we show no capability to stop it. At this point in the season, it’s hard to argue this is a competitive team. We’ve lost to too many bad teams to say we’re not in the same club.
bj93 liked this
 #84792  by purplehorse123
 Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:07 pm
The lack of an inside presence on both offense and defense is truly embarrassing.
Maybe this will be a wake-up call (as if we need another one). The inside game is absolutely killing us!

Embarrassing loss against a bad team. As I have said, we can beat anyone but lose to anyone! Too many scoring droughts also.

Low point of year!
Davemeister liked this
 #84793  by jesse174
 Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:07 pm
I agree..we don't have a big man and that makes it tough on everybody...this season has slipped away from this team...we will need to get better and bigger or we will just get worse
bj93 liked this
 #84795  by FUBF24
 Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:18 pm
I'm not usually a pessimist but let's be real here:

We have two conference wins by 10 or more points. Two other conference wins have resulted in one way or another from a buzzer beater by JP Pegues.

Now for some opinions:
We are not a SoCon contender this year, but I don't think we need to hit the panic button. We've got a lot of young guys who may end up contributing big time soon. It sucks to lose to teams like Wofford and Mercer, but that's just part of growing pains. We're a completely new team this year as opposed to last, and I think we need to embrace a new identity. Bob Richey has possibly the biggest coaching challenge of his career on his hands, and that is to embrace a new identity when his team has always had the same one (shooting threes, high-level scoring). One thing that has to change is that our defense has GOT to get better. I'm so tired of watching open shot after open shot go in.

Another thing I'd like to see is a sense of excitement returning to our games. Sure, it's fun to see Cooper Bowser's one dunk a game, but we just play a lot more uninspired as compared to previous years. Cooper Bowser needs to play more in my opinion.

Wow I've said a lot more than I thought I would. I hope I don't sound stupid.
Bootie liked this
 #84796  by apaladin
 Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:24 pm
Good post. One question who are the young players that may contribute bigtime soon. 🤷🏼‍♂️
 #84797  by furmandad
 Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:25 pm
Sloppy. No energy or court leadership. Rebounding is often about desire and hustle vs size. Not much effort to get after rebounds. No help D on drives to the basket. Our guys looked almost bored at times and didn’t want to be there. Great effort on Sunday. Didn’t show up tonight. I just don’t get it.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by Sad Din

Thu May 16, 2024 6:12 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Thu May 16, 2024 2:46 pm

User avatar 2024 opponents

by FUBeAR

Thu May 16, 2024 1:13 pm

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by FUBeAR

Thu May 16, 2024 11:35 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.