• Vs UNCG

#84650  by Sad Din
 Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:40 am
Nationally televised game. Wonder if they will use the opportunity for some good PR such as JD announcing final confirmation of Timmons reno during halftime

Maybe the Furman Advantage Players will do a performance during HT.

Just sayin'
 #84653  by apaladin
 Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:55 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:40 am
Nationally televised game. Wonder if they will use the opportunity for some good PR such as JD announcing final confirmation of Timmons reno during halftime

Maybe the Furman Advantage Players will do a performance during HT.

Just sayin'
Lol, don’t count on any announcement. First time we played them, we were without the top 3 scorers, Foster, Pegues and Williams. With that said UNCG has gotten better since that first game too.
 #84655  by apaladin
 Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:18 pm
If you believe the ticket site there were 60 tickets left last night. Now only 8 seats on the team benches side. Looks like they did open up, uncover, the last 4 rows on the student section side, so now about 70-80 of those are available there but they seem to be selling well also.
 #84676  by apaladin
 Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:24 pm
After the game Sunday we will either be in a 3 way tie for second or tied with WC for third.
 #84677  by Bootie
 Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:53 pm
ESPN says 50/50. Timmons will be hopping.
apaladin liked this
 #84680  by tya1
 Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:56 pm
Curious to see how they lost to Mercer - UNCG is normally a good three point shooting team at around 39% but only hit 28%. The Langley twins combined to go 0-7. Only one of UNCG's shooters had a good game.Mercer was slightly better shooting but not a huge advantage.Most stats were close but UNCG had 13 TOs to Mercer's 7 which included a steals advantage for the Bears. Was that good defense or just an off night? Their star big man had a good game but just around his averages. Not enough to make up for the shooting problems.
 #84682  by FurmanATT
 Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:08 pm
Man ...
I'm at home multi-tasking because, for the second time in 35 years, I came down with shingles, which isn't as painful as last time, but, I think, if I had gone, I would have looked slightly like the Phantom of the Opera on press row.
I don't feel as bad as I did two days ago, but I still look a sight.
I can't describe how frustrated I am not to be there. The crowd looks huge. Timmons is rocking. The play is fast and furious, and both teams are shooting the lights out.
Words cannot express how entertaining this game is.
Now let's win it. I ain't gonna be easy. -- MD
 #84683  by jesse174
 Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:44 pm
poor defense equals a loss
 #84684  by jesse174
 Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:09 pm
Played as good as we could but just got ouplayed..last year spoiled us..impossible to equal that great year..
 #84685  by Dins&Heels
 Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:12 pm
Damn, things not going out way at the end with Pegues and Whitt both missing easy baskets then Foster missing a FT. Several opportunities to send it to OT but hung tough against a better team.
 #84686  by FU3
 Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:21 pm
Great effort by Furman…UNCG kid was just unconscious shooting the ball. We don’t have any real post presence and that is proving to be our Achilles heel.
 #84687  by El Guapo
 Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:34 pm
Incredible fight being 10 down with 3 to play to bring it back to even and a chance to win. We had a chance. We can beat anybody and lose to anybody. It largely depends on our perimeter shooting. Other than Langley who played lights out, UNCG’s big advantage is having a post player who can score and pass. The rest of the season is going to be a fight for us mentally. Now being all but out of the SOCON regular season race, we will have to play our best ball just to get a decent seed in the tournament. Even then it’ll be a hard uphill climb to championship Monday.
jesse174, FurmanATT liked this
 #84688  by Roundball
 Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:37 pm
Great game by both teams. Greensboro just made one more play than us. Proud of this team and our improvement from the beginning of the season.
 #84689  by jesse174
 Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:46 pm
El Guapo wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:34 pm
Incredible fight being 10 down with 3 to play to bring it back to even and a chance to win. We had a chance. We can beat anybody and lose to anybody. It largely depends on our perimeter shooting. Other than Langley who played lights out, UNCG’s big advantage is having a post player who can score and pass. The rest of the season is going to be a fight for us mentally. Now being all but out of the SOCON regular season race, we will have to play our best ball just to get a decent seed in the tournament. Even then it’ll be a hard uphill climb to championship Monday.
agree with you on the post..we don't have a bigman and it kills the rest of the players..if we had a big man, we would be the best Socon team...ashame
purplehorse123 liked this
 #84690  by apaladin
 Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:54 pm
Great game. Big loss as that eliminates any chance for second and means it will take 3 tough wins to win the tourney. Kudos to UNCG for taking FU’s best shot and coming out on top. Both teams shot far better than normal. Uncg was 13-22 from 3. Hard to beat a team that is shooting like that. Great atmosphere. Timmons was rockin’.
Last edited by apaladin on Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FurmanATT liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by Sad Din

Thu May 16, 2024 6:12 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Thu May 16, 2024 2:46 pm

User avatar 2024 opponents

by FUBeAR

Thu May 16, 2024 1:13 pm

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by FUBeAR

Thu May 16, 2024 11:35 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.