• To My Furman Family

#84545  by DanScott
 Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:11 pm
To my Furman Paladins family:

As many of you know our family suffered a tremendous loss earlier this month with the death of our infant grandson - Grant "Champ" Parker Larabee. To call it devastating would be an understatement. Our grief is almost inexpressible.

But even in the midst of the storm we have been recipients of God's peace and comfort. And much of that has come in the form of calls, texts, messages, and other forms of support from Furman co-workers and fans, among many, many others.

On behalf of my wife Angela, my daughter Becky, her husband Zack, their son Cooper, and the rest of our family, a heartfelt thank you to all of you. Your expressions of sympathy and support continue to be more comforting than you'll ever know.

The dual roads of grief and healing are just now beginning to be navigated. Part of that, for me, means getting back behind the mic and doing what I love. So plans are to return to the Furman basketball broadcasts this week.

And knowing that much of the hard part lies ahead, it will be on a game-by-game basis for now.

A special thank you to Tom Van Hoy for carrying the load while I've been out. To Jordan Caskey for his assistance. And to my bosses for taking the pressure of work off my shoulders during these last couple of weeks.

Hug your children. Your grandchildren. Anyone close to you. Make sure they know you love them.

God bless, and I'll see you on the radio.
Sad Din, FUBeAR, Bootie and 12 others liked this
 #84548  by dornb
 Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:28 pm
Dan, you have truly been missed, but Tom did a great job. You and all of your family have been in our prayers as you support each other through this tragic and emotional time. I know Bob and the team will be glad to have you back behind the mic. You are the best!
apaladin, furpop16 liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Roster Rebuild

by apaladin

Fri May 17, 2024 12:21 am

User avatar The Future Home Of Furman Basketball

by FU Hoopla

Thu May 16, 2024 11:56 pm

User avatar Off-season SOCON Transfer Tracker

by FU Hoopla

Thu May 16, 2024 11:55 pm

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by FU Hoopla

Thu May 16, 2024 11:52 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Thu May 16, 2024 2:46 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.