Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:30 am
Sad Din wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:00 pm
watched a couple games...

they start out like gangbusters in 1H and then run outta steam in 2H

need to stay relatively close in 1H

big guy is a scoring threat. Bowser best be ready cuase he gets alot of fouls

Dins by 10
Pretty good prediliction is SD says so himself....
furpop16, FUBF24, FUBeAR and 1 others liked this
 #84378  by apaladin
 Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:16 pm
Monday wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:20 am
They played 12 guys, who had the flu? Does Samford usually run 20 deep?

Sounds like a case of excuse-uenza.
Exactly. FU has had some players that have had the flu and they stayed home. So they let their players travel and play and expose many others including their own team, travel people? Not buying it.
FUBeAR, dornb, QCGlue liked this
 #84380  by apaladin
 Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:22 pm
KingPaladin wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:39 am
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:02 am
How long is Marshall out and what is he out with?
Not sure what with, but hes been out since the early season and should be back soon
[/quote

All I could find was the injury was undisclosed and out for an extended period.
 #84381  by Davemeister
 Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:04 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:16 pm
Monday wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:20 am
They played 12 guys, who had the flu? Does Samford usually run 20 deep?

Sounds like a case of excuse-uenza.
Exactly. FU has had some players that have had the flu and they stayed home. So they let their players travel and play and expose many others including their own team, travel people? Not buying it.

And they didn't wear masks! Someone should notify the CDC.
FUBeAR liked this
 #84385  by MidlandsPaladin
 Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:24 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:26 pm
Sanford and sons fan forum saying that some players had the flu... should be cry for them any?? haha

Good to hear CBR so excited on the postgame on radio. The coaching staff has been thru all heck the last month or so
That board is toxic. In five minutes over there I learned that our players are dorks, our coach is a prick, our announcers suck, and our cheerleaders are ugly. Those "fans" have a bigger inferiority complex than the Woffy fans and that is saying something. I guess not ever beating the school you consider your biggest rival will do that to you.
DoomedDin1127, FUBeAR, furpop16 and 3 others liked this
 #84388  by saltyshaker
 Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:15 pm
never a fan of bucky ball.looks like ritchie understands how to attack it.hope it is not going unnoticed how vanderwal has been coming on recently after his bout with appendecitis earlier this year.team starting to come together as we approach the socon tourney.after a forty year abscense from the ncaa tourny would nice to go twice in a row.
dornb liked this
 #84389  by SU DOG
 Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:22 pm
First off CONGRATS, certainly a terrific game plan and execution. Secondly, I am a fan of Dan's, and I would like to know what was meant during the streaming about a personal (or family) tragedy? Thirdly, I shared the video on the Samford Board about Bucky mentioning players having ailments that I posted after the Mercer game. I am a former high school HC and took a team to the Al State Playoffs with 8 players who had recovered from a flu outbreak a few days before. While they weren't contagious, I could see that they were still weak and not nearly up to par. Whether this issue had any effect on Samford's play last night, I certainly don't know. Never meant that to have been an excuse, but wondered if it could have had an effect. What I do know is that the Paladins were primed and gave us a good whipping. As for Jermain Marshall, I understand he is now running some and most believe it will be closer to two weeks than to four.
 #84390  by saltyshaker
 Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:26 pm
are we recruiting anybody for 2024?my understanding is that all 12 of our current scholarship players have at least one more year of elgibility left.while hein and foster are both considered seniors i think each has a covid year left if they choose to use it.with a ten man rotation and two current redshirts,doubt there would be much pt available for another player to get pt.so if we did bring in high school player it would most likely be to redshirt.otherwise we might just keep the spot open to see if a portal player might become available.
 #84391  by furpop16
 Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:34 pm
Paul C wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:18 pm
We back

Amen, brother.

Today's NET ranking of 133 compares favorably with our 127 NET last year @ January 18 (to begin our 16-1 tear culminating with the NCAA win).

Go 'Dins!
 #84393  by The Jackal
 Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:20 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:24 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:26 pm
Sanford and sons fan forum saying that some players had the flu... should be cry for them any?? haha

Good to hear CBR so excited on the postgame on radio. The coaching staff has been thru all heck the last month or so
That board is toxic. In five minutes over there I learned that our players are dorks, our coach is a prick, our announcers suck, and our cheerleaders are ugly. Those "fans" have a bigger inferiority complex than the Woffy fans and that is saying something. I guess not ever beating the school you consider your biggest rival will do that to you.
No SoCon fan base has a bigger inferiority complex regarding one school than Samford does relative to Furman.
 #84394  by Roundball
 Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:30 pm
And to think Samford is a Southern Baptist affiliated institution. The fans on their forum don’t represent their college well at all.
Last edited by Roundball on Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #84395  by Jasper
 Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:37 pm
Basketball continues to be a simple game. Furman has raised their defensive intensity to the highest level of the year. The Dins contested every pass and shot. They put the ball in the basket. 46% from the field- 43 % from 3 - 79% from the line. You do those things; you win most games. This game was very different from a month ago where the D was nonexistent, we couldn't hit the side of a barn and everyone but the ball boy was hurt. Good for them for making the right corrections. It didn't hurt that the vaunted Samford press was awful. Whitt brought the ball up court like they weren't even there. Most of our turnovers were near our basket with some sloppy internal passing and not when bringing it up. That high school semi-press couldnt squash a grape. The Furman students got it right regarding Samford: OVERRATED. Sorry to hear some of their team was afflicted with the sniffles. I hear it is going around. Hits usually after one gets their ass kicked though. A speedy recovery to all the afflicted.
FUBeAR, furpop16, FurmanATT and 1 others liked this
 #84396  by FUBeAR
 Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:47 pm
SU DOG wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:22 pm
Thirdly, I shared the video on the Samford Board about Bucky mentioning players having ailments that I posted after the Mercer game.

I am a former high school HC and took a team to the Al State Playoffs with 8 players who had recovered from a flu outbreak a few days before. While they weren't contagious, I could see that they were still weak and not nearly up to par. Whether this issue had any effect on Samford's play last night, I certainly don't know. Never meant that to have been an excuse, but wondered if it could have had an effect.
So…what you are saying is that Samford is and has been playing Players who are sick AND contagious OR the whole “flu” thing is just a big ol’ crock of poopoo.

Here are facts…

Date 1/24 1/20 1/16 1/13
Opponent FU Mercer WCU VMI AVG
Player MIN MIN MIN MIN MIN

Jones, Rylan 32 26 32 17 26.75
Achor, Achor 33 30 30 13 26.50
Staton-McCray, A.J. 25 30 26 16 24.25
Graziani, Dallas 19 24 24 21 22.00
Campbell, Jaden 15 21 32 16 21.00
Hicks, Garrett 12 18 17 18 16.25
Johnson, Nathan 20 13 12 15 15.00
Holloway, Josh 14 12 7 17 12.50
Leopard, Chandler 12 12 8 18 12.50
Allenspach, Riley 6 10 10 14 10.00
Walls, Lukas 10 4 2 14 7.50
Loveday, Zach 2 0 0 11 3.25
Stramaglia, Paulie 0 0 0 4 1.00
LaRocca, Owen 0 0 0 2 0.50
Walters, Grayson 0 0 0 2 0.50
Kizer, Thomas 0 0 0 1 0.25
Hughes, Joshua 0 0 0 1 0.25

Of Samford’s Top 12 Players, other than in their 40 point blowout of VMI, and there has been very little significant variance in their playing time over the past 4 games / past 2 weeks - the time frame when they would have acquired, been symptomatic with, been contagious with, and recovered from … “the flu.” None have missed a game...including the Furman game.

So…they are just playing sick AND contagious - endangering healthy Players on the Team, their opponents, and everyone with whom they have come into contact OR they’re fine.

Both of these things can’t be true, but one of them, more or less, has to be true.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/keyfacts ... ng%20sick.

Period of Contagiousness - You may be able to spread flu to someone else before you know you are sick, as well as when you are sick with symptoms.
* People with flu are most contagious in the first 3-4 days after their illness begins.
* Some otherwise healthy adults may be able to infect others beginning one day before symptoms develop and up to five to seven days after becoming sick.

Onset of Symptoms - The time from when a person is exposed and infected with flu to when symptoms begin is about two days, but can range from about one to four days.

How long does the flu last? - Flu symptoms in adults usually last less than a week.
Last edited by FUBeAR on Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by Sad Din

Thu May 16, 2024 6:12 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Thu May 16, 2024 2:46 pm

User avatar 2024 opponents

by FUBeAR

Thu May 16, 2024 1:13 pm

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by FUBeAR

Thu May 16, 2024 11:35 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.