• Are we going to be able to turn this season around?

#83891  by Paladin68
 Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:47 pm
We got JP and Alex back last night, but we still looked out of sync. Can getting Marcus back make the difference we need. I still think we can be very competitive in the conference with a healthy roster. Go Paladins!
 #83898  by cavedweller2
 Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:30 pm
I do say if we are healthy at tourney time we will be hard to deal with.
 #83909  by purplehorse123
 Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:58 am
It is all going to come down to the tourney anyway. A higher seeding will make it a little easier on ourselves. We have discussed this before -we tend to live or die by the 3 IMHO. We honestly don’t have much of an inside game. Sure we can beat anyone in the conference on a given night but to win the tourney you do need consistency. That is the last word I would be able to think of to describe this team so far.
 #83948  by FurmAlum
 Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:19 am
I think the answer is yes but it won't happen overnight. JP and Alex's first game back showed some rust but they did look better in the second half.

Marcus Foster has undoubtedly been working his ass off in rehab and prep to come back but I wouldn't expect a 30 pt game the first time out. I hope not, but expect him to take a few games to get back in synch.

I am cautiously optimistic that we can get some mojo back this week with a couple home games.
dornb, apaladin liked this
 #83974  by tya1
 Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:27 pm
jesse174 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:47 pm
When your leading scorer guard and playmaker is your leading rebounder you have a problem.
Pegues had 11 rebounds- the top rebound total in the game. I don't think anybody getting 11 rebounds is really a problem. We missed 50 shots in the game. That is a problem. Proven three point shooters like Pegues and Williams combining for 1-19 from behind the arc is a problem. If they hit 6 threes instead of 1 (which would still be a lower three point percentage than the career and seasonal percentages for either) we win the game. Slightly below average would have been enough to win Saturday.
 #83976  by saltyshaker
 Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:15 pm
i see a gradual turn around.hopefully we get foster healthy by saturday.then start to develop some chemistry and confidence as we head to late january.hopefully we can win enough games to avoid a playin game in asheville
since we are in a one bid league ,only the tourny is significant .win it and your in the ncaa let the chemistry and confidence begin to build vrs citadel.go paladins.

Recent Topics

User avatar Roster Rebuild

by FU Hoopla

Fri May 17, 2024 7:22 pm

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by Flagman

Fri May 17, 2024 6:51 pm

Default Avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by Affirm

Fri May 17, 2024 2:49 pm

User avatar The Future Home Of Furman Basketball

by FU Hoopla

Thu May 16, 2024 11:56 pm

User avatar Off-season SOCON Transfer Tracker

by FU Hoopla

Thu May 16, 2024 11:55 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.