• Anderson at Furman-Saturday Dec 30 @ 2pm

#83670  by Dins&Heels
 Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:03 pm
With the program he has built, I’d be insulted if I’m CBR and see fans refer to last seasons success as an outlier. I’m not one with the lofty thoughts of being the next Gonzaga, but I think the best is yet to come and last season’s success will be matched or topped.
hypercycloid liked this
 #83671  by apaladin
 Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:34 pm
Dins&Heels wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:03 pm
With the program he has built, I’d be insulted if I’m CBR and see fans refer to last seasons success as an outlier. I’m not one with the lofty thoughts of being the next Gonzaga, but I think the best is yet to come and last season’s success will be matched or topped.
Until it is topped it absolutely was unprecedented. Name me a better season.
 #83672  by Dins&Heels
 Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:50 pm
Oh I’m definitely not saying it wasn’t unprecedented. Just saying it wasn’t an outlier when 20 win seasons have become the norm. Would’ve been there the prior season if not for a ridiculous Jean-Baptiste shot. CBR basically guaranteed after that game that we’d cut down the nets next season.
Going to the SoCon tourney championship game in 2014-2015, that was an outlier.
Bootie, MNORM, GOAT liked this
 #83676  by jesse174
 Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:22 pm
Going forward I feel we need a good recruiting year or need to get transfer players in here...How do you replace Bothwell and Slawson? Well you don't. I have been hoping some of our guys would greatly improve but as weve seen that hasn't happened with the exception of Foster and maybe Williams. Getting 2 ready to play players for next year is the dream so we can get back to where we were last year...or at least closer..I hope that some of our present players make a leap going forward because that is our only hope for saving this season.
 #83677  by Dins&Heels
 Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:07 am
I kind of expected guys to be stepping up this season to claim the roles Both and Slaw…hasn’t really happened except when Foster was playing. Hien and Hughey will give you some big plays here and there but have underachieved at Furman in my opinion. I don’t expect what we currently get from Whitt to change drastically during his career.
In addition to getting Pegues and Foster healthy, I think we need to see Vanderwal get back to form. He was really solid last year for a freshman and love his intensity that some players are lacking.
And while that was a shitty loss this week, let’s not forget we stomped Belmont, and got robbed against Princeton and Tulane.
Bootie, MNORM liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar SOCON FUTURE PRO GAMES

by Affirm

Sat May 25, 2024 4:30 pm

Default Avatar The future of G5 football?

by Affirm

Sat May 25, 2024 3:44 pm

User avatar The Future Home Of Furman Basketball

by KingPaladin

Sat May 25, 2024 2:40 pm

User avatar SOCON Landscape Next Year

by KingPaladin

Sat May 25, 2024 2:37 pm

User avatar Fred Norman Jr in the portal

by apaladin

Sat May 25, 2024 12:11 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.