• Anderson at Furman-Saturday Dec 30 @ 2pm

#83628  by FUBeAR
 Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:59 pm
All part of a grand scheme to legitimize Anderson University Athletics, so we schedule them in Football to help Coach Lamb, and then to get them boosted into the SoCon when they are ready to move to D1 / FCS.

Appreciate CBR and the current Paladin Hoopsters willingness to ‘take one for the Team’ by playing the long game today.
apaladin liked this
 #83629  by furpop16
 Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:27 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:56 pm
I have to take some of the blame. Wore a new shirt and hat today. Obviously will not wear them again. :lol: I did not get to hear the postgame. Did CBR show? The postgame presser is usually on youtube by now but maybe they didn’t have one? I think the most disappointng thing today was how Anderson won the majority of one on ones on both offense and defense.p
WCU beats King by 28
Citadel beats Toccoa by 30
FU loses to Anderson who lost by double digits their 2 previous games. :lol:

I’d paste the link, but Facebook doesn’t come through on UFFP. Look up Dan Scott and today’s broadcast is one of today’s posts. CBR comes on at 2:55:00
 #83631  by apaladin
 Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:41 pm
Thanks I found it. Much appreciated, obviously CBR was pretty down as anyone would be. Have to give Anderson credit . When we finally tied it with 4+ to go they just took control of the game. They could have folded but didn’t.
furpop16 liked this
 #83634  by FUBeAR
 Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:39 pm
The Cats wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:25 pm
apaladin wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:32 am
Current NET rankings has FU sixth in the SoCon even behind WC and Citadel. Geesh!
Looks like somebody at NET knew something. Hard to argue with results...
Speaking of results, FUBeAR’s been meaning to ask…

…but he didn’t want to bother you earlier today while you, apparently overcome with the holiday schadenfreude, were taking to every known social media platform to trumpet FU’s meaningless little slip up today …that OnlyFans video was really a (dental) bridge too far! … but anyway…

How did that big celebration in Cullowhee go this past March 15th?

What celebration you ask?

Welp…everyone knows that 3/15/2023 marked the 60th Anniversary of the last time that Western Carolina actually won a post-season national tournament basketball game. Yep, those WCU hoopster lads of a prior century whipped Fort Hays State in the NAIA Semi-Finals.

WCU has NEVER won a single game in ANY national post-season basketball tournament at the NCAA level. They lost their one and only shot ever at a win in the NCAA Basketball Tournament, oh, about 3 decades ago.

Y’know…Winning and WCU both start with a “W,” but that’s where any similarity seems to end.

BTW - Please let the Admins at WCU know if they also aren’t impressed with Furman’s results, they can send those NCAA $’s from Furman’s NCAA Tourney win over UVa just a few months ago (vs. 60 years or NEVER ago) right on down to Poinsett Hwy. We’ll gladly deposit another share of the cash that Furman’s results provided for the hapless, helpless, and hopeless WCU Athletics program.

And…still waiting to find out what the ”or bust” part of “Championship or bust” means cuz WCU Football wasn’t anywhere close to even sniffing any kind of Football Championship this season … unless there is a Trophy for Self-Overhyping. The Cats won that one going away.
Last edited by FUBeAR on Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
Paladin82, Davemeister, FU3 liked this
 #83636  by purplehorse123
 Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:20 am
Yep one player in particular has really regressed with his shooting-many 2. Glad we stunk it up today vs say on TV against other teams (excluding ESPN +). We do seem to live or die with the. 3.

In a very early game this year I thought we could be better than last year. Now I disagree. Our basement seems much lower now.
apaladin liked this
 #83637  by Roundball
 Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:16 am
NET down to 173, 7th in the SoCon. I still have faith Bob can right the ship by SoCon Tournament time. But, we need a leader, and not one player has stepped up to be the man.
 #83638  by furpop16
 Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:20 am
Roundball wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:16 am
But, we need a leader, and not one player has stepped up to be the man.

Pretty much what CBR said, too, in Dan Scott’s post-game interview.
 #83639  by Jasper
 Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:09 am
CBR said all the right "coach speak" cliches after the game about how the loss was on him, etc. . No, it wasn't and he didn't do that team any favors by not throwing them under the bus. They got beat today by a team that showed great hustle and grit throughout. All kinds of heroic, body sacrificing dives into the stands at critical times, etc. They outrebounded us, outshot us (2 for 20 from 3) and out-defended us all day. I think we made less than 60% of our foul shots. Without Peques and Foster, this team is hapless with many of them regressing from year to year and the few new players who see the court disappointing. We were not outcoached today, we were outplayed. That is not on Richie. It IS on the players. Our offense will improve with the return of the 2 injured players, but defense is all desire and this team showed no heart today at all. All the fear expressed by Choir Boy on this forum prior to the season about the prospects of last year being an outlier with the possibility of a return to mediocrity - (for which he was vilified on here by "true" fans) are coming true. I certainly hope this game has established a bottom for this team and they can pull it together to gain respectability. That is up to them, not Richie. For starters, every one of them should spend all day on New Years Day in the gym shooting foul shots. Anyway, Happy New Year to all.
jesse174 liked this
 #83644  by FU3
 Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:34 am
CBR as a HC is overall 145-62 and 78 -27 in conference play. To call last year an “outlier “ is laughable. This has been a disappointing start and this team is certainly underachieving. Really good coaches ( which there is no doubt CBR is) usually find ways to get improvement from teams in a slide, I will be surprised if this doesn’t happen.
 #83645  by Sad Din
 Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:12 am
Same MO as PU and TU. Cant close at the end...

Dins finally tie it up but missed and hard layups, AU offensive rebounds and 3ptrs seal the deal for AU.
 #83646  by jesse174
 Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:33 am
UNCG lost by 40 to Texas on the 29th...so they may not be that good this year..so there is hope that with good defense and going inside with our good inside players will make UNCG work hard on defense and maybe get tired. Shooting quick 3s puts pressure on us and gives the opponent an easy transition to offense....scrap the 3s as we cant make them anyway...go inside and work hard.....our best chance...
 #83647  by apaladin
 Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:41 am
Agree with Jasper especially the part about players regressing and the newcomers being disappointing. The players regressing is a direct relation to no MB and JS who made everyone on the court better. The confidence level is way down after yesterday’s debacle heading out into conference play. If we shoot 20 percent from 3 which is a bad shooting night or make half of the missed free throws we win. That is on the players! Unlike last year this team has no chemistry.

Recent Topics

User avatar Roster Rebuild

by apaladin

Fri May 17, 2024 12:21 am

User avatar The Future Home Of Furman Basketball

by FU Hoopla

Thu May 16, 2024 11:56 pm

User avatar Off-season SOCON Transfer Tracker

by FU Hoopla

Thu May 16, 2024 11:55 pm

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by FU Hoopla

Thu May 16, 2024 11:52 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Thu May 16, 2024 2:46 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.