• Apologies to FUHoopla

#83028  by Bootie
 Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:17 pm
I have been a bit too snarky to FUHoopla lately and need to apologize. It has literally been bugging me all day. I got too involved in the drama of the board and may have driven him away. I often preach kindness but have not behaved that way, and that bugs me. Sorry.
din23, dornb, Affirm and 1 others liked this
 #83030  by FurmanFan23
 Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:07 pm
hoopla is the most dedicated Furman Hoops fan I know. This board would not be the same without him! While I may not agree with everything he says his dedication to the program in unmatched!
 #83037  by apaladin
 Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:33 am
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:07 pm
hoopla is the most dedicated Furman Hoops fan I know. This board would not be the same without him! While I may not agree with everything he says his dedication to the program in unmatched!
I agree, FUhoopla is the best. He posts a lot of interesting things I would never see. Thanks FUhoopla.
 #83042  by Jasper
 Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:04 am
Bootie wrote:
I have been a bit too snarky to FUHoopla lately and need to apologize. It has literally been bugging me all day. I got too involved in the drama of the board and may have driven him away. I often preach kindness but have not behaved that way, and that bugs me. Sorry.
What a kind gesture this is. Unnecessary in my opinion but nevertheless a good thought in this season. I wouldn't worry too much about driving him away though.
 #83043  by Jasper
 Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:04 am
Bootie wrote:
What a kind gesture this is. Unnecessary in my opinion but nevertheless a good thought in this season. I wouldn't worry too much about driving him away though.
Victor Greene, Bootie liked this
 #83044  by FU3
 Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:13 am
Hoopla has left the building more times than Elvis. He or one of reincarnated identities will be back.
 #83046  by FUBeAR
 Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:24 am
Bootie wrote:
Bootie - while this is a kind gesture, FUBeAR doesn’t think that your interaction is the reason for Hoop-blah’s likely too temporary absence from this neighborhood on the interwebs.

FUBeAR suspects, but does not know, that a voluntary or, perhaps even, involuntary ‘timeout’ may be in effect as a result of the repeated posting of off-topic posts in a Football thread which were moved/deleted / reposted w/name-calling & a challenge / moved/deleted by the Mods here.

Hard to win a battle against people who have the power to, virtually, erase you from their ‘hood. Hoop-blah has been erased before as a result of challenging the peep(s) that own this ‘hood. Though benevolent and kind, FUBeAR doesn’t see any reason why t/he/y would hesitate to act similarly on this occasion.

Keep up the kindness, Bootie. All of us that are less kind than you, do appreciate it and aspire to increase our efforts in that realm.
Bootie liked this
 #83065  by Flagman
 Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:43 pm
Relax; he’s only been gone 2 days. He’s saved tons of bandwidth and saved us the time and hassle of reading every tweet posted by Furman and any other site he follows. Plus, he delete just as many posts as he leaves up.
FUBeAR liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2024 opponents

by Affirm

Sat May 18, 2024 11:04 am

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by FUBeAR

Sat May 18, 2024 4:44 am

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by furpop16

Sat May 18, 2024 2:15 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by FU Hoopla

Fri May 17, 2024 11:27 pm

User avatar 100 DAYS

by apaladin

Fri May 17, 2024 10:28 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.