• Presbyterian @ Furman Dec. 19th

#82826  by FU Hoopla
 Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:30 am
apaladin wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:07 pm
In all likiehood this game will determine either a winning or losing ooc schedule.
Gotta protect the home court!
 #83305  by din23
 Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:26 am
Gameday! Time to put another one back in the win column. PC isn’t a pushover, but I’m optimistic that we can defend the home court.
dornb liked this
 #83324  by tim
 Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:09 am
Good win, up 22 late although shooting poorly and still down a player. Sky is still the limit without bad luck.UNCG loses and WCU barely hangs on with vandy who was down 2 starters.
 #83338  by furpep
 Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:35 pm
Thought we played very good defense but poor offensively. Too many errant passes and could not hit the broadside of a barn from 3-pointland. That being said, it was a nice win over a surprisingly good PC team that seemed to give our guards fits and clogged passing lanes well.
 #83370  by tya1
 Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:02 pm
I thought our offense was very sharp. We got baskets inside, especially from Hien, great drives and movement without the ball and good passing. The threes weren't falling and it barely made any difference. Defense was very active. Some of the best defense we have played this season - encouraging.

The 15 point margin was their biggest defeat of the year. Also their first loss to a SoCon team. They beat the Citadel and VMI earlier. And they opened the season with a win at Vanderbilt.
hypercycloid liked this
 #83376  by din23
 Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:11 pm
It was clear in the first half that they would rather let our post players go one on one inside than to double down and open up the three-point shooters. Hein took advantage of that, which is why we still had a good halftime lead, despite not hitting a three in the first half. I thought that was a good sign of our team adjusting to the defense and taking what’s in front of them.
 #83380  by apaladin
 Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:38 am
Davemeister wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:26 pm
Hien was a Beast last night. Wish he was better at the foul line.
Yes he had one of his best games. Hate to see him get fouled, may as well give the ball to the other team and not waste time shooting. :lol: He is shooting free throws worse than last year. 52.6% vs. 40,7% this year.
 #83404  by HammerTKE
 Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:58 pm
Hein plays with a ton of emotions, which can be good or bad, depending upon how things are going. I am confident that what we saw from him in the PC game is the same guy we're going to see in SoCon play. While his free throw percentage is down, he did make two of the biggest free throws in Furman history at the end of the Virginia game. I loved what I saw from the team on Tuesday night and I can't wait to see what they will accomplish over the next few months!
Roundball, dornb, din23 liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Roster Rebuild

by apaladin

Wed May 15, 2024 1:57 pm

User avatar New Spartanburg Minor League Team

by Davemeister

Wed May 15, 2024 11:19 am

User avatar Richmond to Patriot League for Football

by FUBeAR

Wed May 15, 2024 10:38 am

Default Avatar New Lax Coach

by Sad Din

Tue May 14, 2024 6:12 pm

User avatar Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy

by FUTex

Tue May 14, 2024 12:58 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.