• Furman @ Arkansas Dec. 4th

#82021  by Paul C
 Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:35 pm
If your expectation is that we are going to be Gonzaga I’d suggest starting on Prozac immediately.

I’m not saying it’s impossible, but it’s unlikely. A lofty goal for sure, but not something to get bent out of shape about if it doesn’t happen.

I’m hoping for being a “Davidson”. A top mid major most years with some fun March games thrown in.
Jasper liked this
 #82023  by Paladin91
 Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:17 pm
As fans, I think we got a little spoiled with probably the two best players in the SOCON last year. To think that this team would be as good or near as good as last year was probably a bit too wishful. Above all, let’s remind ourselves that these kids are students first and it’s easy enough for the casual fan like myself to be overly critical of basketball play. I trust CBR’s development process and think we will be a better team as the season goes forward.
FurmAlum, din23, FUBF24 and 2 others liked this
 #82025  by FurmAlum
 Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:29 pm
Paladin91 wrote:
As fans, I think we got a little spoiled with probably the two best players in the SOCON last year. To think that this team would be as good or near as good as last year was probably a bit too wishful. Above all, let’s remind ourselves that these kids are students first and it’s easy enough for the casual fan like myself to be overly critical of basketball play. I trust CBR’s development process and think we will be a better team as the season goes forward.
Agree 100% P91. We knew it was gonna be tough. I thought we played much better the last 2 games (except for the last 4 min. meltdown in the Princeton game). Losing Foster could be a blessing in disguise as it will allow some players to get more minutes and improve their game. We will need him back, though, for sure.

And no I do not think coach should pull the redshirt from Bronson. We still have a 9 man rotation without Foster. I might think differently in Jan. especially if we have another injury.
din23 liked this
 #82027  by furpop16
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:30 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:13 pm
These teams are full of guys playing on like their 3rd or 4th team, and probably never go to class, it's to be expected that they act that way lol

A good reminder to CBR why its wise to stay at FU.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #82037  by dornb
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:48 am
FUBF24 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:08 pm
Anyone know what the technical foul on Arkansas was? Saw JP Pegues had made 5 free throws in a row on the play by play...
The technical foul was on their jerk of a coach. JP was cool as a cucumber, sinking all 5 shots! Way to go!
furpop16, FU Hoopla liked this
 #82045  by Fuonetime
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:48 am
Roundball wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:49 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:51 pm
Should we pull the redshirt off Bronson to give us another guard?
Yes. The transfer portal has changed everything. If we need him, play him.
Regarding playing Bronson the big question, “ Is he ready to play and contribute now?” If no then let him develop through the normal red shirt year process. If yes, then suit him for the BJU game. I love our development approach but also important is to “win now”. We have a good team that needs a few pieces to get us back to a legit shot at a conference championship and NCAA tourney.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #82047  by Fuonetime
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:58 am
Sad Din wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:21 pm
somehow Whitt needs to start
Whit has been a real pleasure to watch this season. He pushes the ball down the court swiftly, drives to the hoop, hits outside shots and makes excellent passes. I think he makes other teams focus on him thus allowing other players to get open. He deserves as many minutes as CBR can find for him whether starting or coming off the bench.
Davemeister, dornb liked this
 #82048  by Choir Boy
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:33 am
Paul C wrote:
If your expectation is that we are going to be Gonzaga I’d suggest starting on Prozac immediately.

I’m not saying it’s impossible, but it’s unlikely. A lofty goal for sure, but not something to get bent out of shape about if it doesn’t
I’m hoping for being a “Davidson”. A top mid major most years with some fun March games thrown in.
Exactly. That is why we make the big Dance every 40 years or so.
 #82053  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:06 am
Paul C wrote:

I’m not saying it’s impossible, but it’s unlikely. A lofty goal for sure, but not something to get bent out of shape about if it doesn’t happen.

The Gonzaga thing was a joke, clearly ;)
 #82054  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:08 am
Paladin91 wrote:

I always looked at this year as more of a 2021-22 type year, and next year as more of the 2022-23 type year

With that said we still have a ton of stuff to sort out to get to the 2021-22 type year, and all this injury stuff has been really frustrating too...
 #82055  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:10 am
Roundball wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:49 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:51 pm
Should we pull the redshirt off Bronson to give us another guard?
Yes. The transfer portal has changed everything. If we need him, play him.

That's how I feel! He has potential to add some things that have been lacking ;)
Fuonetime liked this
 #82103  by saltyshaker
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:52 pm
i wish basketball would adopt the same redshirt rule that football has where a player could play a limited # of games(say about 5) and still be redshirted.would be quite helpful if a team has short term injuries.the rule that any action a player has eliminates his possibility of getting a redshirt is quite strict.i believe under that rule i would not pull the redshirt on either of our two scholership players unless our rotation falls below 8 players for an extended period of time.
with a change in the rule i think it might add incentive to the redshirted players knowing they have a chance to get in a few games as well.i presume when players are recruited they are told they may likely be redshirted.i know that was the plan for vanderlin last year but he played his way onto the roster.and boozer has done so this year.

Recent Topics

User avatar Roster Rebuild

by apaladin

Wed May 15, 2024 1:57 pm

User avatar New Spartanburg Minor League Team

by Davemeister

Wed May 15, 2024 11:19 am

User avatar Richmond to Patriot League for Football

by FUBeAR

Wed May 15, 2024 10:38 am

Default Avatar New Lax Coach

by Sad Din

Tue May 14, 2024 6:12 pm

User avatar Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy

by FUTex

Tue May 14, 2024 12:58 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.