• SC State @ Furman Nov. 28th

#81420  by apaladin
 Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:40 pm
We struggled to win at home against one of the bottom 15 teams in the country. Prior to the game kenpom had them #347. They also scored the most they have scored this year. Our defense is not good to say the least. CBR was not his usual upbeat self on the postgane which is understandable. This team is fun and will be fun to watch but we need to not worry about wins and losses, at least for the time being, which I know will be hard to do. Right now we are not a cntender but hopefully that will change.
KingPaladin liked this
 #81426  by apaladin
 Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:29 pm
Fuonetime wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:10 pm
Nice run. Keep it up. JP can shoot.
Didn’t you mean PJay? I know its hard to keep them straight. PJay had a very good game. 20 points, 6-9 from 3.
 #81427  by Paul C
 Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:35 pm
Echoing AP this team is all about potential right now. Need find chemistry and a rotation and let the kids figure out their roles and settle into them.

Bowser is clearly not ready but the only way to get him ready is to give him minutes. We will need him to win the tourney.

The injuries have impacted our ability to get into a stable rotation.

Nice to see PJay have a great game, hopefully he’s starting to settle into his role.

And yeah despite our overall struggles shooting the ball I am most concerned w our D. SCSt was shooting 24% from 3 coming into the game tonite and we made them look like a bunch of Steph Curry’s.

And the schedule doesn’t do us any favors. It’s tough and our first 2 SoCon games are on the road vs 2 top tier teams.

KenPom says we will go 1-5 over our next 6 D1 games. Hope we can eke out a couple wins. Then it gets a lot easier but hope the teams confidence isn’t shot by then. Bob has a job in front of him.
din23 liked this
 #81429  by apaladin
 Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:52 pm
Totally agree Paul about the defense. Tonight McNeese won at UAB by 21. They held UAB to 60 after they scored 92 Saturday vs. FU. Again 92 was UAB’s highest of the season. Their previous high was 80 against Alcorn.
 #81432  by FurmAlum
 Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:42 pm
I thought our D was better in the second half but I agree with AP and Paul that there is a lot of work to be done.

I don't think Coach was too pleased with the team's performance the last 3 min. of the game.

I was glad to see PJ and Hien have good games too.
 #81434  by Furmanoid
 Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:36 am
apaladin wrote:
Totally agree Paul about the defense. Tonight McNeese won at UAB by 21. They held UAB to 60 after they scored 92 Saturday vs. FU. Again 92 was UAB’s highest of the season. Their previous high was 80 against Alcorn.
Seemed like the defensive issue against UAB was the complete absence of rebounding. Mostly an effort thing with most teams. So if we were giving max effort and still couldn’t rebound, that’s worrisome.
 #81439  by KingPaladin
 Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:31 am
apaladin wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:40 pm
We struggled to win at home against one of the bottom 15 teams in the country. Prior to the game kenpom had them #347. They also scored the most they have scored this year. Our defense is not good to say the least. CBR was not his usual upbeat self on the postgane which is understandable. This team is fun and will be fun to watch but we need to not worry about wins and losses, at least for the time being, which I know will be hard to do. Right now we are not a cntender but hopefully that will change.
its all gonna come down to the tournament this year, no outside hype. Hopefully we can get a top 3 seed
 #81446  by Sad Din
 Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:34 am
This next game Dins may be at full strength for the 1st time this year.

BV is energy kinda guy that bring D intensity. Molinar shows it at times

Also, the sched has been brutal so far. Little time bwtn games.

This week they have Wed, Thurs and Friday to prep and work out some issues

Also, the away game experince is now known

Expect a different Dins team this Sat.

SD believes Dins will take 2 of 3 bwtn Princetne, AK and Tulane

U heard it here 1st!
 #81449  by apaladin
 Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:12 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:12 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:19 am
Let's get back on track before we head up north to knock off unbeaten Princeton ;)
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... /401599587
Paladins favored -20.5
Never got close to covering tbe spread. Vegas hasn’t realized this is not last year’s team yet but they will
 #81456  by tya1
 Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:08 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:36 am
apaladin wrote:
Seemed like the defensive issue against UAB was the complete absence of rebounding. Mostly an effort thing with most teams. So if we were giving max effort and still couldn’t rebound, that’s worrisome.
Both teams had 30 rebounds for the game. We had 3 more offensive boards, they had 3 more defensive rebounds. We had a better 3 point shooting percentage, they had a better overall %. They hit 19-23 FTs, we hit 15-23. That is 4 points of the 6 point margin. We had 2 more steals but 4 more total turnovers. The FT and turnover difference was the margin of defeat. BTW, the 86 points we scored was the most UAB has allowed this season. Maryland only scored 63 in the UAB victory and Clemson had 77 in the Tigers' 1 point win.

S.C. State is one of the most streaky teams in the country. They led Missouri by 16 midway through the first half at Missouri and had a lead at the half, but had a long cold streak to begin the second half and lost. They had a long scoreless streak to begin the game at Samford, Right after playing Missouri they played at Missouri State and fell behind 20-0 to begin the game. They fell behind Tulsa by 24 in the first half and couldn't overcome the bad start.
I agree that we need to improve our defensive consistency but sometimes the other team is having a good day or bad day and it isn't always on you.
 #81457  by HammerTKE
 Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:49 pm
I've observed that the guys don't seem very connected yet. They get frustrated with each other when a mistake is made on a regular basis. Last year, no matter what happened, Bothwell or Slawson would pull the team together in a circle with their arms around each other. I know it's still early, but I think that connection is part of what made them special. Hopefully we see the connection grow with each game.
 #81460  by apaladin
 Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:05 pm
Did anyone hear the announcement last night about the documentary right before they played the trailer? I just heard the Amazon part, did they give a date?

Recent Topics

User avatar FU HOOPS DOC

by apaladin

Fri May 24, 2024 3:20 am

User avatar PALADIN STADIUM

by apaladin

Fri May 24, 2024 3:10 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by FU Hoopla

Thu May 23, 2024 10:55 pm

Default Avatar The future of G5 football?

by Furmanoid

Thu May 23, 2024 8:29 pm

Default Avatar Dins to Vegas !

by Roundball

Thu May 23, 2024 3:13 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.