• FU HOOPS DOC

#84968  by Sad Din
 Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:58 pm
wow. SD is ready to strap it up!
 #84973  by RaleighDin
 Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:06 pm
Curious if that's showing the entire series, or just an episode?
 #84975  by PaladinPower
 Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:44 pm
apaladin wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:39 pm
Still no info when, where etc.
You’re insufferable… Trailer description says coming soon on Amazon Prime. Possibly coinciding with the premiere at the Peace Center if I had to guess.
 #84976  by apaladin
 Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:33 pm
PaladinPower wrote:
apaladin wrote:
You’re insufferable… Trailer description says coming soon on Amazon Prime. Possibly coinciding with the premiere at the Peace Center if I had to guess.
TY and FU but no it doesn’t.
 #84978  by PaladinPower
 Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:41 pm
apaladin wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:33 pm
PaladinPower wrote:
apaladin wrote:
TY and FU but no it doesn’t.
Below is from the trailer description on YouTube. Richmond also commented on a question and said first episode is at the peace center with series releasing early March. Just read.

“The Furman Men's Basketball team hasn't won the Southern Conference Tournament Championship with an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament since 1980, one of the longest droughts in college basketball history.

In 2022, the Paladins were 4.3 seconds from ending that drought until a last-second 3-point shot in OT would end their dreams.

With unprecedented access, follow the team for the entire 2022-23 season and their quest for a SoCon Tournament Championship for the first time in 43 years and a dance into March Madness with behind-the-scenes content and in-depth interviews.

Coming soon to Amazon Prime!”
 #84983  by HammerTKE
 Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:37 am
In the comments of the trailer on YouTube, Richmond Weaver said that the target for the official release is early March and the exact date announcement is coming soon.
 #84985  by Paul C
 Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:42 am
forgive him, AP is distracted by the fact we haven't released our 2025 football schedule yet :)
Roundball, apaladin liked this
 #84986  by apaladin
 Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:30 am
Paul C wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:42 am
forgive him, AP is distracted by the fact we haven't released our 2025 football schedule yet :)
This is true but people watch videos on youtube, they don’t go there to read about videos, lol.
 #84987  by PaladinPower
 Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:51 am
Ok. You’d think a Furman grad could figure out reading a video description if they’re curious about the release info but here we are. Buy your tickets to the premiere at the Peace Center! Beat VMI.
apaladin liked this
 #85018  by Flagman
 Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:49 pm
If I buy a ticket to the Peace Center, even if some of the proceeds benefit the basketball program, there is no charitable tax advantage. I'll wait and watch it on Prime. And I doubt seriously that the Peace Center isn't letting Furman use the Gunter Theater for free. Why not premiere on campus in McAlister for all season ticket holders as thanks for the support.
 #85019  by Roundball
 Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:11 am
Flagman wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:49 pm
If I buy a ticket to the Peace Center, even if some of the proceeds benefit the basketball program, there is no charitable tax advantage. I'll wait and watch it on Prime. And I doubt seriously that the Peace Center isn't letting Furman use the Gunter Theater for free. Why not premiere on campus in McAlister for all season ticket holders as thanks for the support.
I wish those of us that take the standard deduction could take charitable deductions. Seriously, many folks, like myself, don’t have Prime, so this is great way to celebrate the documentary is a first class setting. We have to remember that many will go downtown to the Peace Center that would not have gone to the campus for the celebration. Proof of that is the fact that 5,000 fans will show up for a game at BSA while only 2,000 will make it out to Timmons. Also, you have to think the promoter of the documentary is responsible for the venue setting. It’s more about the first class setting for a first class basketball program than it is about raising a lot of money. After all, Gunter only holds 400 people. Go Paladins!