• 2025 Hoops Recruiting

#72634  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:31 am
tya1 wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:28 pm
First reported offer for a member of the 2025 class - Colt Langdon, 6'8" 210 sf from Millbrook HS in Raleigh, NC. His 14th offer. He already has listed offers from Virginia Tech, Iowa, Illinois, LSU, and Mississippi.

Rated #50 on ESPN's top 60 for the class.
hypercycloid liked this
 #72930  by tya1
 Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:00 am
Simon Walker is a 6'5" shooting guard from Huntsville HS in Huntsville, AL Versatile player who can score from all three levels and is a good passer too. Hoopseen rated him as the #4 player in Alabama. Among the crowd of teams showing early interest are Davidson, Belmont, Harvard, Yale, Auburn, Tennessee, Wake Forest, and Virginia Tech.

This appears to be Walker's first offer. That is interesting because lately Richey is rarely the first coach to offer. I think his success brings extra attention to his offers from schools that need help in recruiting. Wofford (when Young was the coach,) Belmont, and Davidson are some that come to mind. Being first can be a small advantage so I suspect Walker is somebody they really like a lot.
dornb, furpop16 liked this
 #72939  by FurmanFan23
 Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:47 pm
A Paladin that is not the attitude to have. If we were ever to land a player like him now is the chance. I commend the staff for shooting high. what’s the harm in trying? We have a new arena, and just played in the tournament.
Roundball liked this
 #72940  by tya1
 Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:52 pm
apaladin wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:27 pm
Put Mr. Walker in the “not a chance” column for FU.
I remember someone saying the same thing about Riley Allenspach, the 6'11" post player from Charlotte, when we offered him a scholarship in 2021. He had interest from a lot of P5 schools at the time. Allenspach ended up with at least 15 D1 offers before picking Western Kentucky, where his father played. When WKU fired their coach this year he reopened his recruitment. I think we didn't have a spot for him at the time and he quickly signed with Samford.

We may or may not sign Walker, but we certainly have a chance.
 #72970  by tya1
 Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:53 pm
One to keep an eye on - 6'8 230 lb. Hayden Assemian is from Powdersville, SC, now attending Legacy Early College in Greenville. He was on the Furman campus yesterday for an unofficial visit. He has also made an unofficial visit to Tennessee recently and has offers from Western Carolina, Hampton, and George Mason. Assemian has a powerful, athletic low post game and is effective from the mid-range.
FU Hoopla, hypercycloid liked this
 #72971  by apaladin
 Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:01 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:48 am
apaladin wrote:
Just need to point out none of those P5 schools have offered, verbal commits just showing Furman from yesterday and Marshall from today..........

https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/simon-walker
Well, that make a difference. We have a chance. :D
FU Hoopla liked this
 #72978  by FU Hoopla
 Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:43 am
apaladin wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:01 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:48 am
apaladin wrote:
Just need to point out none of those P5 schools have offered, verbal commits just showing Furman from yesterday and Marshall from today..........

https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/simon-walker
Well, that make a difference. We have a chance. :D

#73001  by tya1
 Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:14 am
Verbal Commits lists Furman and Marshall with offers to Simon Walker. Another source claims he also has offers from Lipscomb, Tenn. Tech, Samford, Alabama A&M and Jacksonville State.
 #73005  by Furmanoid
 Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:05 pm
FYI the Nike Peach Jam is North Augusta, July 3-9. Best players in the country plus one Canadian team. Some NBA guys hanging around (Lebron comes to watch his kid), most top coaches make appearances, and tons of lesser known coaches from everywhere. I haven’t gone lately but I will this year and I’ll keep an eye out for Furman coaches. If I see them I’ll ask who they’re looking at. They’re just mixed in with everybody else. I was standing next to Roy Williams a few years ago and K was nearby sitting amongst North Augustans.

Hoopla, I don’t know where you live, but this seems like something you should attend.
FU Hoopla liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Roster Rebuild

by apaladin

Wed May 15, 2024 1:57 pm

User avatar New Spartanburg Minor League Team

by Davemeister

Wed May 15, 2024 11:19 am

User avatar Richmond to Patriot League for Football

by FUBeAR

Wed May 15, 2024 10:38 am

Default Avatar New Lax Coach

by Sad Din

Tue May 14, 2024 6:12 pm

User avatar Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy

by FUTex

Tue May 14, 2024 12:58 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.