paladinfan12 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:12 pm
Roundball wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:58 pm
paladinfan12 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:56 am
Davemeister wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:54 am
WYFF said last night that most of next year's Home Games will be played at the Well. What other venues are being considered?
Sounds like women will play at North Greenville. I would imagine that some of the men's games will be there as well. Bob Jones I think would be the better option, but I'm unsure if they offered.

Hopefully when they have double headers they'll be at the Well.
I was told BJU court is not D1 regulation size.
I believe you... but how does any college program not build to a D1 regulation when building a new facility!?!
Good question. I was there last year and didn’t notice the smaller court. The thing that stood out was how dark it was. Certainly not good for tv. Was there for a high school playoff and media resources seemed to be at a minimum too so probably not an option for FU.
 #85230  by apaladin
 Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:08 pm
paladinfan12 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:56 am
Davemeister wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:54 am
WYFF said last night that most of next year's Home Games will be played at the Well. What other venues are being considered?
Sounds like women will play at North Greenville. I would imagine that some of the men's games will be there as well. Bob Jones I think would be the better option, but I'm unsure if they offered.

Hopefully when they have double headers they'll be at the Well.
I think mens/womens doubleheaders are a thing of the past. There were none this year even though the last Saturday on March 2nd both play at home. Men at 2 and Women at 7.
 #85349  by Sad Din
 Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:20 pm
One of the new features is a sensory deprevation room

Based on the Restricted Environmental Stimulation Technique (REST), floatation therapy triggers a deep relaxation response that is much deeper than normal sleep which enables the individual to reach the elusive Theta state, which is normally hard to achieve. With the elimination of external stimuli, the central nervous system’s workload is reduced by as much as 90%. During this reduction in stimuli, the body naturally regenerates itself and healing is promoted through the parasympathetic response, which also increases T-cell production and may strengthen the immune system. All of this on top of removing gravity, which allows the muscles and joints to completely release tension – athletes can largely benefit from this type of therapy.

Floating, once considered a hippie wellness regimen, has now become mainstream practice like massage, acupuncture, and meditation. Active users include multiple teams in the NFL, MLB, NBA, Military, MMA and Olympic athletes to name a few. While mostly considered for physical purposes by many, some individuals float to improve sport visualization during recovery (Carl Lewis used floating extensively leading up to Seoul Olympics).

Not sure about the bball team but pretty sure the rest of the campus will b trying to sneek in there for a try!
KingPaladin liked this
 #85351  by Sad Din
 Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:57 pm
greenvegas wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:06 pm
SD. At what time mark in the video does CBR say anything about a ribbon board? I can't find it.
21:08 mark from 38 mins version

CBR says "Ribbon board on top. May not seem like a big deal but it is for us"
greenvegas liked this
 #85586  by Sad Din
 Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:33 pm
On the bright side, Old Timmons is done!

How many years have folks waited with countless gripes!

Huge effort to raise $40M. Nobody thought it was possible. But ITs HERE!
dornb liked this
 #85662  by Sad Din
 Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:46 pm
Roundball wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:45 pm
Construction has begun!

Poor tree. HOw many kids and dogs enjoyed it over the years

Looks like they are trying to save it. It served its purpose but overgrown over the years

Just removing it would have been a big improvement to Tmmons

Good luck tree! May you retire in peace.
 #85702  by Sad Din
 Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:46 pm
Great news! Timmons tree to be moved to Alumni house.

Retires from kids and dogs and upgrades to drunk alumni.

Best of luck in your retirment!
dornb liked this